Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Scenery Creation Tool

Hi, is there an easy scenery creation tool for FS9? I simply want to add some fence, a couple of hangers, and a few office buildings to Tinker, so I tried RWY12, but it is confusing, you have to use the airplane to place an object, and then you can't even see the object so you don't know if it was placed correctly, have a feeling I'm doing something wrong, and I'm in no way bagging on RWY12, I realize it's freeware and someone spent a lot of time to make it, but I was hoping there was something more user friendly available.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

That's what I'm talking about, thanks.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Hugo

Hi! You may also want to visit BEV Forum: http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/smf/index.ph...9cf2a89fcb4e94& (You have to register)It maintains a forum for EZ_Scenery users. Many of the tips for the latter also apply to Instant Scenery. At the top there are 2 stickies that are worth giving a look at; *** Sticky*** EZ-Scenery Libraries Available (dated 07/02), *** Sticky *** How Scenery Files Work.I'm not aware of forum dedicated to Instant Scenery tough.Also many newer object library files at Avsim lately. Use 'object library' for keyword search and you are bound to catch the most of 'em :)Have fun! Hugo

Instant Scenery support forum; http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=31Last installed count of EZS libraries is 139, with a few to add.One new feature of IS over EZS is the ability to make thumbnail pics of the objects, which are a great aid for selection. Sure beats scrolling through a list and wondering just what some of the descriptions are for.

For the person who doesn't have either program, I don't see any point in buying EZ-Scenery. Instant Scenery (created by the same person who made EZ-Scenery), does everything EZ-Scenery does and then some. Also I've found support from Abacus to be very poor, while support from Flight1 is outstanding. If you're considering either one, do yourself a favor and get Instant Scenery.Sidney Schwartz KPDX