Sign in to follow this  
Guest rf360m

Build 14 of FSX Planner is now available (June 2)

Guest rf360m

Hi all,Build 14 of FSX Planner is now available. You can download it here: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/clients/FSXPlanner.zipHere is what has been changed/added/fixed for this version:* The icon used to draw the jetways has been modified to make it easier to see where the jetway is located and its direction relative to the parking space.* ILS Beams can now be added to the airport. You need to display the navigation toolbar (View -> Additional Toolbars), then select the ILS Cursor. Then an ILS beam will be added when you click on the airport. After adding the ILS Beam, make sure you assign it to the correct runway.* The runway propeties display has been rearranged to group all the runway lights together and to allow for VASI on both the left and right side of each end of the runway.* Approaches can now be fully edited, added or deleted.* Adjusted the width of the properties windows to be fixed width regardless of screen size. This should help provide enough room for all fields.* Fixed a bug with the undo/redo system that prevented items that had been undone from updating their displays in the properties window.* Fixed a bug that caused the undo/redo/history to ignore all changes (therefore making it impossible to undo a change) after opening an xml file that contained more than one airport.* A bug which prevented an ILS Beam and its asociated Glide Slope and DME from being assigned to the selected runway when the user modified the runway association from within the ILS properties display has been fixed.Thanks and enjoy!-Russell

Guest rf360m

Hi all,To try and prevent the creation of millions of threads I've decided to post the newest release of FSX Planner is this thread. Hopefully you'll find it here. :)So here's what is included in this version:* Fixed a bug that had crept in which prevented aprons from being able to be created.* Fixed a bug that made the recording of a taxiway point orienation inaccurate.* Fixed a bug in the undo/redo/history functionality that caused undo events to be generated when certain models were being initialized.* Runway Markers can now be displayed, edited, and added to an airport. By default these are not shown. To display them select the Show Markers option on the Display menu. To add a new Runway Marker click on the Runway Marker icon on the Navigation toolbar, which can be displayed by selecting View -> Navigation Toolbar.* VOR beacons and their associated DMEs can now be displayed edited and added to the airport. By default these are not shown. To display them select the Show VORs option on the Display menu. To add a new VOR click on the VOR icon on the Navigation toolbar, which can be displayed by selecting View -> Navigation Toolbar.* Updated the xml written during a save so that the taxiway points and parking locations are now written in numerical order.* The Prepare Options dialog has been enhanced to allow for specific runway, start location and frequency deletions. To use these you must not check the Delete All Runways (or Start Points or Frequencies) but rather check the rows within the table that you are interested in delting. The table is populated based on the currently selected airport.The download is available here: http://www.zbluesoftware.com/clients/FSXPlanner.zip-Russell

I am assuming that the existing taxiway signs are not removed from scenery due to the way FSx does things. If you delete them in you file , they still show in FSX although i dont think i can see them in the saved xml file even after searching.Otherwise its nice to use. Thanks for all you efforts.

Guest rf360m

I'm pretty sure I've got them to change before by checking the appropriate delete option in the Prepare Options dialog. I'll check which one and get back to you.-Russell

Guest rf360m

It turns out that there is not an easy 'delete' flag for the taxiway signs. They can be deleted through the use of exclusion rectangles however. We are looking into the best way to implement this for, and hopefully will have it in place for the next release.-Russell

G'day Russell,Firstly would like to say thanks for your efforts in producing this excellent program. From what I have seen of it so far it will be a worthy successor to AFCAD.I have only used FSX Planner briefly but have come across a couple of problems that may be user induced & if so hopefully you can assist in pointing me in the right direction to overcome them.Firstly I have been trying to make some adjustments to YBCS Cairns International in Queensland Australia. When I compile the file I have found that the T VASIS lights are all clumped together, usually in the middle of the runway close to the start location. On one occassion they were placed beside the runway but again all in one clump. Can post a screen shot if required.The other problem I am having is if I lay a poly down for a new apron I have a couple of issues. Often the poly does not show until I zoom out then back in or I have to re draw it. Also once the poly has been drawn & I attempt to edit it by moving any of the nodes I get an error code when attempting to compile. Murphy's law strikes again! I just tried to repro the problem to give you the error code & it is working fine now. Will leave this in my post in case you are aware what might cause this problem & if anyone else comes across it.Anyway hope you have a solution for my T-VASIS problem although at the moment I have worked around this by not compiling anything but heli pads & aprons.Cheers,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Guest rf360m

Hi Ross,Glad FSX Planner is working well for you!Regarding the apron issue, there was a bug in release 14 that caused newly drawn aprons not to show up right away. This has been fixed in release 15. Can you let me know which release you are using, and if it is 15 this means the bug is still there. The release is shown in the title bar like this:FSX Planner (R 15)As for the T-VASIS problem, can you post a screenshot as well as the xml file of the airport? Then I can look at them and try to figure out the issue.Thanks!-Russell

G'day Russell,I am now using ver 15 & looks like the apron draw problem is OK. Am now able to draw visible poly's however if I wish to draw more than one I notice I need to click on the poly icon again. This may have confused me when I first used v15 earlier today. Also have found that to edit the poly nodes I have to be quite careful where I place the mouse otherwise I start to draw another poly. Just something to get used to I guess.Have also placed some jetways at YBTL today & have found this to be quite easy however placement is a bit tricky. Looking forward to when you include the facility of being able to see the aircraft position in FS. Will make things even easier.Also a question - are you able to add nodes to a poly after you have drawn it? I am unable to find any way to do this.Just a point of interest if you happen to go looking for the original bgl file for this airport you won't find it in the nominated folder & file from the search engine. Looks like MS stuffed up here as none of the Australian airport bgl's nominated in the airports.dat file exist. I had to do a manual search to find the ones I wanted which took quite some time.YBCS is in Folder 1004 , APX86380.bgl & not folder 0103 , APX09250.bgl. Here is a screen shot of YBCS Rwy15 & as you can see the lights are all grouped together.YBCSTVASIS.jpgHave attached the xml file as requested.Cheers,Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Guest rf360m

Thanks for the screen shot and xml file. I will look into those to see what's what.To add a vertex point to an existing apron, you first select the apron editing tool, then select the apron, then right click to get the add apron vertex tool, which looks just like the apron editing tool, but with a plus sign on it. Then when you click on the edge of the apron a vertex will be added. If you right click again, you get the remove apron vertex tool, which allows you to click on a vertex to remove it; then right click again to get back to the basic apron editing tool. As of the next release, which will be 16 (not yet available) we are changing this so that shift-click will add a vertex, and control-click will remove one. This lets you add/remove vertices without right clicking, which will think is more intuitive.Then regarding the finding of airport folder and bgl files via FSX Planner's Find Airport feature, there is a bug in it which causes it to name to incorrect folder/file combination for some airports. This will be fixed in release 16. So that is probably why you couldn't find the airport. :)-Russell

Thanks for the quick reply & info Russell.Looking forward to the next release & to see if the Aussie airports search has been fixed.I think the shift-click scenario will be better than the right mouse click as is current.Cheers,Ross

Cheers, Ross

Hi Russell,As a long time user of SceneGenX, I imported my KORL.XML file into FSX Planner. I stored my file in a subfolder under FSX Planner named working.If I request to open an airport XML, search the working folder, it doesn't show my file. I can type the name, KORL.XML, and it will load the file. I did a save XML to the same file, but it still doesn't show up as a file in the working folder.W. Sieffert

Guest Speed

I just downloaded and tried fsx planner with the intention of correction airport altitudes.I extracted the xml of an airport, saved it as a seperate xml file and then tried to load it in planner.The planner hangs with a dialog saying opening airport: 08NY Section: VORs.There are no VORs in the XML. Does there need to be?XML is attached.

Guest rf360m

Is the file that you saved actually an xml file with a .xml extension, and not a text file called KORL.xml.txt, or something similar?Perhaps you could attach the KORL.xml file so I could look at it?-Russell

Here's the file. I believe it now has your headers listed. I see you have more info in the headers than what Scenegenx used for FS2004.W. Sieffert