Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Controlling Runways with AFCAD2

I am currently working on the AFCAD for FRF-KMSPv4 and I have a problem. I am using the "star method" to activate runway 17/35 along with the 12/30's with limited success. 17/35 becomes active when 12/30's are active, but when I close 17 to landings and 35 to takeoffs in AFCAD, 35 disappears from the list of available landing runways given to me by ATC. 17 is still available for takeoffs however. It seems that when you give AFCAD direct orders for runway ops, AFCAD does not follow exactly. I can't think of any other variables that can cause this effect. I have created start locations at both ends of 17/35, and when I get the ATIS, 35 comes up as a landing runway, but I just can't request it from ATC. If I go into AFCAD and remove all restrictions from 17/35, it will show up in the list and I can request it. I do not understand. Please help

I don't believe ATC will reliably obey partial open/closed runway designations.scott s..