Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

mdl to bgl

I remember around fs98(I know a long time ago) there was a way to create static aircraft from using a mdl to bgl program I was just wondering if it was posible in todays flightsim world I thought it would be nice to add some static aircraft that look like aircraftI've used rnwy 12 program but the statics just don't look as good a lot of the freeware aircraft today thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,No, the Fs98 MDL2BGL tool is still the one most people use when converting aircraft to statics. For FsX the MDL format of scenery and aircraft is the same, so there such a conversion is not needed.

It is possible using the old tools and when you have an aircraft model that is made using Fs98/Fs2000 aircraft MDL format. For aircraft using the Fs2002/Fs2004 MDL format I don't think it is possible.

Oh! It is slowly becoming clearly to me, thanks. I wonder if someone can say for sure what MDL formats would work before I go pulling my hair out trying to get it to work. Also, how does one actually know what format the MDL files are anyway since various planes fly in different sims, given that backward compatibility, I know I have some FS98 planes converted and aliasing new panels etc.