Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Scenery Problem

Hey all, I was fooling around with FSXKML to use Google Earth in flight simulator, and it just would not work for me with a small scenery project I was doing. I have this problem now below, and hope you can help me out here as to what happened. I have removed the file, it is no longer on my system. I just don't know what's going on here. Any help is truly truly appreciated. New to these forums too, so hello everyone!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180957.jpgThanks in advance!John Thuot II

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JohnDid you by chance let FSX_KML tamper with the default root file? If so and you removed it you need to reinstall that FSX default bgl from the original DVD's.

>John>>Did you by chance let FSX_KML tamper with the default root>file? If so and you removed it you need to reinstall that FSX>default bgl from the original DVD's.What would the original root file be, the FSX scenery configuration file, or the FS X CFG file?Thanks!John Thuot II

Hello John,It is hard to say why you get this problem, since you have not given any details as to what you did.But, at first glance, it seems that you have excluded a large part of the default scenery, and in particular, the default Hydro Polygons.When you do that, you must replace them with new Hydro Polygons that cover the same area as those that were excluded.This and much more is covered in detail in Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X that can be obtained in the Avsim library:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=100997Best regards.Luis