Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

Compatibility

Hi all, How easy [ or otherwise] is it to convert an SBX project to work in FS9?????AND how is it done if it can be.Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Richard,good question! I haven't done this myself so I'm speculating...I doubt that the .SBX export format is backward compatible but that would be the first thing to try.If that doesn't work you should try exporting as Shapefile, converting to Polish MP, and then importing into SBuilder. I believe the free version of fGIS allows for doing this - http://www.forestpal.com/fgis.html or, directly, http://www.forestpal.com/fGIS_Setup.exe - if you don't have a licensed version of Global Mapper or Manifold.In either case you won't get around re-assigning vector and poly properties after the re-import. Depending on how complex your current project is you may want to split it into themes (e.g., streams, roads, etc.) to allow for bulk editing of properties in SBuilder.Land/Water class data can't be exported but you can transfer the .raw files SBuilder creates into EZ-Landclass to change class assignmentes, if necessary.Let us know how you fare.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger and many thanks for your reply.I think however that this will be beyond my capabilities, it is not absoluely essential that I be able to convert stuff for use in FS9 but had it been a relatively simple process then that would have been a bonus.RegardsRichard.

For vectors, export/import of BLN is probably the most likely to work. I don't think there is any other easy way for maps or landclass.scott s..

Thanks Scott,I don't think I am going to bother with this. It was only a thought that if it could be done simply then fine but its not exactly high on my list of things to learn.RegardsRichard.