Sign in to follow this  
Guest Voozle

ExcBuilder problem

Guest Voozle

Hi folks,I try to make an exclude-file using ExcBuilder 2.0, but when I try to compile the xml I always get an error. When I hit the space bar in FS (to align the aircraft north, before I transfer the coordinates via FSConnect to ExcBuilder), the actual course is 333

Well the usual error with ExcBuilder is if the bottom left coordinates are greater than the top right. Making sure the plane faces north should deal with this. Do you get any xml to look at? I can't remember

Guest Voozle

Hi Jon,thanks for your answer. That's exactly the problem: longitudeMinimum = "-147,948074383921" longitudeMaximum = "-147,917225874039"But the aircraft is facing north, that's what I don't understand. Might have to do that it's very far north. As far as I remember, MSFS projects the globe onto a cylinder, maybe it's got to do with that? ThanksMarkus

Hello Markus,That is probably not the problem. I have never been able to get an automatic compilation either, probably something to do with the paths.Try manually compiling the file - simply drag the xml file that ExcBuilder created and drop it on BGLComp to get the bgl.Best regards.Luis

Guest Voozle

Thank you Luis,I already tried that, too. Should have mentioned it, though. It's driving me nuts!CheersMarkus

Try this code and see if it works, as it does on my system;<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>If it compiles, plug your coordinates in and try again. I have it set up for a brief reminder that I have for exclusion boundaries that works for me; BIG, small, small, BIG. That's the sequence for placing the lat/lon values in the code.

Guest Voozle

Thanks, MeshMan,no, yours didn't compile neither, the compiler didn't understand what excludeExtrusionBridgeObjectsmeant. Did I mention before we're talking about FS9 here. Maybe not. Not sure if that's why. But, nevertheless, the sequence in my code is small, BIg, BIG, small:<?xml version="1.0" ?> - That's what I get via FSconnect with the plane facing north (333

Guest Voozle

I'm clueless. Can anybody try to make an exclude around the airfield AK32 (Gold King Creek) in FS9, just to make sure I'm a complete idiot. I just can't get it to work. Now the compiler is telling me, 64.34xxxxx was bigger than 64.35xxxxx ????ThanksMarkus

Hello Markus,Are you using commas as decimal separators, by any chance?Please take into account the decimal hegemony of the U.S. and only use periods for this purpose.Best regards.Luis

Guest Voozle

Luis, you made my day. But I should have noticed it myself. The only question is, where in the chain FS/FSconnect/ExcBuilder are the points changed into commas? Maybe because it's a german version of FS... Phew, now on to the next problems...Thank you so muchMarkus