Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Symbol in ADE

What does the following symbol represent in an ADE airport CAD display? There is no popup description when the cursor is placed on it, nor is it clickable.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190818.jpgThanks.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

That is a 'collapsed' measuring tool. If you mouse around it you should get a pop-up and be able to select and delete it.George

With your explanation, it is now clear to me. It was placed by an errant mouse click. I tried to recreate it and found that the measurement needs to be around 4 feet to be recorded, but the tool cannot be re-selected at that length. I now have two of them that will be there forever in this file, which is not a problem now that I know what it is.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

>With your explanation, it is now clear to me. It was placed>by an errant mouse click. I tried to recreate it and found>that the measurement needs to be around 4 feet to be recorded,>but the tool cannot be re-selected at that length. I now have>two of them that will be there forever in this file, which is>not a problem now that I know what it is.>>Art>>Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce>8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX (SP1-SP2), Vista Home>Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitorHmmm- I will look at that - if you can get a tooltip then you can select it. I will look at another way to deal with this problem