Sign in to follow this  
Holger

LWMViewer now with mesh display

Hi all:I guess Jim is getting a bit shy posting about updates to one of his new wonder-tools ;-)His amazing LWMViewer can now display mesh (default or add-on) along with the LWM and VTP files - MS TMFViewer be gone!Check out those colors: http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer.htmlThanks Jim!!!!Cheers, Holger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This program just gets better and better with updates almost weekly.Well done Jim,George

Hi!Why aint my LWMwiever showing my addon mesh ?Only the default HP, HL, AB, FL, etc are listed,, no other files..Certain I got latest version..Freddy

Hi Freddy,I have the same "problems" like you. Seems that LWMViewer didn't load the DEM BGLs automatically. Load them via File->Open menu and eveything is fine.Holger

Hi.Nope, I'm still here :) I hadn't posted anything because I knew there were still a few things to clear up - like the auto-loading of mesh files. (BTW, that's now in there as of a few days ago). I know some folks like to keep on the bleeding edge of updates, so I usually put the latest version that doesn't go into active hunter-killer mode on the web.I think this version is about stable now. The memory management is still less than ideal, but it's OK for all but the biggest files. I'll probably make one or two further changes and finalise this version over the next few days. Specifically, I need to alter the palette of saved bitmaps to include the TMF palettes, and maybe add a palette editor (but probably in the next release). I'd also like to add display of landclass data overlaid on the elevation data.FYI, there's no scanning of scenery folders being done. Additional files are loaded simply based on computed filenames. If you've got hi-res addon mesh, you're still going to need to load it manually. (Of course, you can just drag-n-drop it onto the main window too).Also, mesh files take shedloads of memory and CPU time to process. If mesh display isn't on, they're not auto-loaded. If you decide to display them, you can enable the mesh display and use the 'load by coordinates' feature (Ctrl-L). It won't reload the already opened files, but should load the corresponding mesh.Thanks all,Jim Keir.