Sign in to follow this  

How can I add more gates to airports?

Hey Gang!I know that this has been tossed around a couple of times in the forums, but I have not yet seen a definitive answer on this. Now that we have the amazing TTools going, we need to populate airports with more than just a couple of planes. How can I do to include the right amount of gates at every airport to support heavy traffic?Thanks for any inout!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Not yet!. We are waiting for the ingenuity of Mr. Lee Swordy and his upcoming program to do that next month.Desert Jockey

The program Lee is working on will allow the user to add unlimited gates (parking spaces) not actual jetways. As well as runways so we should be able to have all runways active :) thus reducing the backup on the taxiways.John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I kind of like the lineups at the runways. It makes it seem just a little more realistic.

Actually, there still won't be more than one runway active. As of yet, no one has discovered the code that will 'force' ATC to utilize more than one runway. Also note (and I'm not trying to toot my own horn), I announced the discovery of adding more gates successfully to the form prior to it moving over. Lee in turn told me 'not to waste my time' in developing a software package that will allow end users to add gates and the "ptl's" as his package was due out next month. My brother and I are going forth with the package anyway only because I asked lee to show us a screen shot with all the 'additional gates' he claims to be able to create and he ignored the request.Not taking anything away from Lee, but I'd like to see some proof before I just toss aside my own discovery.-john

Currently we have only one active r/w at any airport as we all know. But if we add a new airport KORZ with the exact same features and exact same location as KORD, but limit the departures from the international terminal to runways that are the next longest of 32L, (by eliminating 32L in our new airport) we should be able to have what appears as two active runways. If I recall, someone shared that the AI always selects the LONGEST r/w based on wind. Only changing the direction ... 9R for 181 wind and 27L for 179 wind. We would also want to eliminate standard KORD from using any international gates. By the way, this is how I was able to get two active r/w in FStraffic.Thanks,BobIn the land of Lincoln:-cool

Hey John, When do you and your brother plan to release your package? Also could you give us a screen shot of your user interface? Thanks and keep up the good work.

As soon as we can? I'm retired and can work 'endless' hours on it, should I desire... my brother, however, is a VP of a rather large accounting firm and works with me when he gets the opportunity. Much of the graphics engine will be his programming as I specialize in the math/file end and not the GUI end.A copy of what we have so far, merely reading the bgl file, can be seen with this pic ... http://www.buckeyediscus.com/fs2002/fmmi.jpgproof that we did actually accomplish this feat can be seen with our expample port columbus (ohio) product seen at: http://www.buckeyediscus.com/fs2002/kcmh3.jpgthis is merely an addition of 3 gates at port columbus and screen captures of it to 'prove' that we can do it :-)adding the gates was NOT the difficult part. the difficult part was determining how to keep FS2002 completely functional after adding the gates. If attention to detail is NOT paid, the program will 'gpf' in various places, however, determining when/where it will 'gpf' can only be determined with very vigorus testing.-johnp.s. forgive my spelling, it's not my day :-)

Guest Leesw

Since you weren't paying attention the first time I posted Pics of reworked parking at KLAX, I will do it again, this time with KLAS. The airlines aren't exactly realistic for Vegas, but I put this togther in 15 minutes for the pics so they will do for this purpose. The program will be in beta testing in a couple of weeks.

Lee, I meant no offense. I just don't take to kindly to anyone telling me 'not to waste my time' ... I've wondered often, since the time you made that comment to me, if this is what Bill Gates told the makers of Netscape...How bout a default airport with that traffic?

It looks as if you have specific gates assigned for specific airlines. Am I making the correct presumption???:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah :-hah

Virtually_JohnWith respect Lee did show a screen shot at LAX with aircraft at the gates. If it was a screen shot of the program he was developing you should have been more specific.As far as reputation goes Lee has the runs on the board and there is no reason to doubt his claims (please do not jump down my throat about the reputation comment)However, go I urge you to go ahead with your development as two is better than none and frequently some people take to one program better than they take to another.Also, competition is very good - that is how discoveries are made and this may lead to multiple runways being made active ;) Addition: I see Lee has posted another couple of screenshots so my comments are a tad irrelevant now.

Hey Lee, do you want a beta tester to test your program in hot weather situations :-lol ? Seriously, ready willing and able to give it the once, twice or thrice over for you.

Looks good, Lee.May I bug you for a quick question ... how much do your frame rates drop when you've got 32 aircraft being displayed?One of my concerns about the ability to add AI flights, gates, etc. is how easy it will be to overload the system with so much AI aircraft that flying will be useless.Keep up the good work,John TaylorKONT