Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

MS Traffic Database Builder and gates

Hi,Has anyone succeeded in getting AI a/c to use specified gate types like Cargo or Mil_combat?I understand that there is an option for this using the Microsoft AI SDK kit, but I just could not figure it out. I already have a lot of real world flight plans and aircraft added. What I would like to do is get the military and cargo flights to use only cargo or mil_combat parking.But this SDK does not have an option to decompile the existing traffic.bgl to airports.dat and aircrafttypes.dat so I could edit them and create a new one.What would be the route around this then?

You can do this by adjusting the radius of the aircraft to match the gate.Check out the Unofficial Downlaods section at Project AI website and get file called Aircraft Radius.zip in Utilities section. That has a aircraft gate matrix for most of the worlds airlines, including military.You might also check out the General forum at PAI. Several of us have started on a project to create flight plans for military aircraft. We're also hoping to get around to creating AFCAD files.Matt

>You can do this by adjusting the radius of the aircraft to >match the gate. >Hi Matt,Yes, I'm familiar with the radius method. I have actually used it in several airports.I was just thinking that this option available in MS AI SDK for assigning specific gate TYPES for specific aircraft would be better, because the radius method causes problems in the other legs of the AI flight. The plane with a modified wing radius might not park in the right position or find a place at all.I'm just wondering if anyone has succeeded in using this option since I can't find any post about it anywhere..