Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Gates....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Using the radius method, I have UAL assigned to E1-E7 at KPDX. It seems like AI fills from E7 firts to E1 last - I hardly ever see an a/c at E1. Until this post I hadn't thought much about it.By "how they are listed in AFCAD" do you mean by the numeric gate number. If so, this does not match with my experience. Thinking back, I believe I added the gate E7 into AFCAD first and then E6, E5, etc. They, of course, weren't named as such until after all were added. Perhaps AFCAD/FS use an index based upon order of creation rather than the gate number.

If you go into the Lists menu item in AFCAD and select Parking, you will see the current parking order. This order is based on the order in which the spaces were created. For a given radius size, the spaces will be filled in according to this sequence. This is why AFCAD provides a "randomize" function in the parking list to resort the order so that aircraft can park in a random sequence.

Gates go in order with precedence to the flightplans listed at the top of your flightplans.txt prior to compiling. Misha