Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Maximum number of AI planes

Hi there, do you know if there is a maximum number of AI planes that will showup simultaneously? I've installed about 20 ProjectAI packages of mainly European carriers. When I check in the flightplan.txt I see many dep/arr, but on my airport (EHAM) I only get about 10-15 planes at a time. AI percentage is set to 100%, AITM shows no errors. Any ideas? I would expect EHAM to be very busy. Even that busy I'd have to drop down the ATC percentage....

Hi HakkieAt least you have checked your ATC% and looked at the flight arrivals and departures, so you are on the right track.Hopefully you are familiar with the AFCAD program.The next thing you should have a look at, using AFCAD, is EHAM. It might be that there are only 15 parking bays and so that is all the aircraft that can show. I have had up to 100 aircraft at an airport, but it has proven too much for my computer and I have had to trim down the number of parking bays.There is a guy called Richard Mohammed who enjoys updating airports with many parking bays and they are available in the Avsim Library (look at airports and facilities or do a search). Try his version of EHAM (I assume he has made this). His files are usually nice and small - around 6kb. You might be pleasantly surprised.CheersMike

Guest Joshieca

There is no limit (as far as I know) to the number of AI planes you can use. Only your computer's framerates will be affected.I have over 1000 AI aircraft installed. :(Think I am joking? Check Out . Most are PAI aircraft too! All hand installed! :([div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/|http://members.cox.net/joshieca/jd_main.gif] [link:forums.jetdoc.com/|Visit The Community Forums][link:www.jetdoc.com/NWS/]Live AirNEWS 24/7][/b

There is a software limit setup in fs2002. I don't remember how many but it is over 100 aircraft. If you want, download and install, AIVIEW from http://www.altingsoftware.com . You can then open it under the new plug-ins menu item. Look at the left side of the AIVIEW and count all the aircraft listed.The point is you could have 100,000 aircraft with flight plans, but fs2002 can only fill the number of allocated software locations it has available to display the AI.In most cases, it is more than enough to cause your system to come to its knees at a busy airport. KATL is an airport that does it to my system.

Great collection. Where did you get the AI Concorde? I can't find any. Thanks.

Thanks all for your replies. I have re-installed FS2002 in my test partition. I have again installed many PAI packages including KLM (old installer). My main target is getting a busy EHAM. I have downloaded and installed an EHAM AFCAD file, the one for default FS scenery with EHAM's new Polderbaan runway. It has many parking places etc., confirmed in the AFCAD program. I still only get 10-15 planes at a time in EHAM, with no KLM at all. I've also installed the latest AI Traffic Mover and verified KLM flightplans. I also checked with AIVIEW. This showed many planes but indeed only a few in EHAM. Could it be that this one messes up the ProjectAI stuff during decompile/compile? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is the KLM PAI package covering the real KLM schedule?Just to make it clear. My question is related to seeing as much realistic AI planes as possible (still keeping FPS acceptable ofcourse). My question is not about the maximum number of AI planes that can be installed. I just want to SEE as many as possible.Thanks again

Hey HakkieI see your messages and i can tell you dat i have about 120 aircrafts on EHAM i do not use a installer i do everything by my self i had bad experience with installers.Jan EHAMIntel P4 2.8MhzAsus P4B533Asus Ti 4200512Mb mem19" MonitorWin XP SP1FS2002 NL2000v2 My own AFCAD for EHAM

I am new on AI Traffic, never had interest in it until I saw the new file world_traffic.zip from Mikael Nanou. He has a lot of AI aircrafts in it. I also went to the projectai.com site. What is the best approach to add/update the aircrafts in the aircraft directory with the aircraft.txt file from the AI aircraft?Should I download all packages available from projectAI or is there a better approach? Is there a location to download it all? Maybe somebody could help me out?Only addon aircraft that I installed: PSS747 and Dreamfleet 737.Thanks in advance!Regards, Ferry>Hey Hakkie >>I see your messages and i can tell you dat i have about 120 >aircrafts on EHAM i do not use a installer i do everything >by my self i had bad experience with installers. >>Jan EHAM >>Intel P4 2.8Mhz >Asus P4B533 >Asus Ti 4200 >512Mb mem >19" Monitor >Win XP SP1 >FS2002 NL2000v2 My own AFCAD for EHAM