Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

AFCAD restore not working.......another option??

hi everyone....i need to reset all the default airports back. when trying to restore all the files thru AFCAD 1.4, a DOS box pops up for a quick second displaying the message "Bad Command or File Name"...disappears...then a box appears telling me that it can't find a CAB file. i have the correct FS CD's in...actually have tried all 3..to no avail. i have a zip file that contains ALL the original files in the AFD directory...my question is this: if i just copy all those original bgl's back into the AFD directory, will that reset all original airports??will that also mess up any add-on airports i have like German Airports?what route should i take here?thanks for any help!chris

I just tried restoring airports with my AFCAD 1.4 installation and had no problems. As far as I know, AFCAD isn't looking at any *.cab files.I would try deleting your installation of AFCAD 1.4 (don't delete your airport text (*.txt) files, and reinstall it again.As an alternative, AFCAD takes the original AFDFile and places a different file extension after it, i.e., *.ORIGINAL. If you want ALL the original airports back, then delete the present *.bgl and rename the *.ORIGINAL to *.bgl.If you only want one or more of the original airports back that are contained in one *.bgl file that is a more convoluted arrangement, better left to AFCAD, if possible. If you can't get AFCAD 1.4 to work, try finding AFCAD 1.32 to see if you can get it to work.

I would open the folder where AFCAD resides and delete the AFCAD.ini file. Restart AFCAD, select file, open, type in an airport, search. Open the airport, then just exit out of AFCAD, don't save, etc.Restart AFCAD, select file, restore...., and see if a list of airport open.

i went ahead and renamed all of the *.original files in the AFD directory of FS, fired up FS and let it rebuild, then re-did FSNav's DBC, then added back all 590 AFCAD files (amen to AFCAD AutoInstaller!!!). all looks well now, AND FSNav only sees the original airport AND all SIDS/STARS work! thanks for the heads up!i'm still going to play around with AFCAD and try your suggestion to see if i can get rid of the above error. funny thing, another friend of mine discovered the same problem after i talked to him about it...hmmm..thankschris

actually, i had an earlier version installed beforehand and couldn't get it to work....then got 1.4 and still couldnt get it to work. i just tried it again after a clean reboot and same thing....i'm attaching a pic of the error i get.yeah...i think i need them all restored. here's what happened....i've discovered FSNav does not recognize alot of SIDS/STARS anymore. after adding all my overlays, including ALOT of multiple overlays for certain airpots, i mistakenly ran FSNav's DBC again so now it shows, for example, all 3 Houston airports KIAH, 2IAH, 3IAH. when i put a flightplan in it only sees 3IAH and can't assign the correct SID to it. so now when i generate a flightplan from KIAH - KCLE there are no SIDS for IAH (which there should be) and no STARS for CLE (again, which there should be)i saw all the *.original files in the AFD folder....if just renaming those back is all i have to do, i may give that a whirl. unless someone knows why i cant restore from AFCAD?wsieffert...thanks for your reply!chris