Sign in to follow this  
CaptLou

TTools Decompile

Hello Folks:New at this. Flying a real plane is easier but more costly when things go wrong. Trying to find out why my AI 737-400 suddenly have no paint.Tried to decompile the .bgl files for last flight plans but get an error message "unable to create file C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopWestOKAirports". I have no idea what that means. Do not recall ever seeing such a file. Hope some-one can help with either the lost paints or/and the error.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know about your paint, but if I understand your question properly (and i'm not so sure i do) when you try to decompile it's telling you that path doesn't exist. Go to File>User defined source folder and navigate to a folder on the desktop, or whever else you want the decompiled files.Hope this helped.Mikewww.aimadeeasy.comwww.flightontario.comI'm confused. Wait...maybe I'm not!

Hi Mike:Thanks for the come-back. I planted a file on the desktop called Decom and it worked great. Now all I have to do is find out why my ai 737's have lost their paint. The ATC still calls them by name. (World Airlines, etc.) Smaller planes still look ok.Regards, Lou

Hi,Open the plane's aircraft.cfg file in Wordpad. Then look at the texture= line for each livery. It needs to point to the correct texture folder (i.e. if the line is texture=united then there needs to be a folder called texture.united with the United textures inside).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks Tom.Found several planes with a slight variance in the title name. Re-nameing the texture files seems to work.Guess an old dog can still learn a few new tricks. My next attempts will be at making scenery. I want to put scenery in the area near Thunder Bay, ON were I have my camp. I can land on the lake but there are no camps there. Hope to change that.Best regards: Lou