Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Drive through parking

Guest phlerp

Has anyone successfully been able to make "drive through" parking?I'm making a military airfield which only have standby parking space. It's sort of like a drive through. Basically it's a branch of the taxiway that workd as a parkingspace, you drive in one way and out the other way. The problem is I can't get the AI to use it properly. When they start from one of these parking spaces they start by backing up and then turn 180 degrees and go to the runway another way. Is it possible to make them just drive straight through?

Guest phlerp

Never mind... I seem to have solved it.

Guest aimer43

I have also tried to get this to work, I would appreciate it if you would let me know how you did it.Thanks

Hi guys,it's actually not very difficult though it involves two sets of taxiways, one for the incoming traffic and one for the outgoing. The method is usually refered to as "plumbing" and has been discussed in detail in the PAI forums, e.g. http://www.projectai.com/discuss/index.php?topic=46025.0 and http://www.projectai.com/discuss/index.php?topic=51258.0Good luck!Cheers, Holger

You could also use Tom Gibson's "hook" method. This is also described in the PAI forums.George