Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

AI Traffic Volume

Hello Everyone,,AI traffic around my local US airport is rather sparse, and I am looking to establish more of a real-time environment by adding a few of the many AI flightplans for carriers that frequent my home airport. However, the plans are usually global, and would introduce many more flights to areas of the country that I do not frequent.I thought I read somewhere that, although AI flightplans would be active thru the use of the AI slider, that only AI flights within a particular range of the home aircraft are actually created, thereby avoiding any hits on framerates for flights on the other side of the world. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, would anyone have any info on what that range criteria would be??Thanks for any info you might have!orbmis

Hi,There is no regional area AI slider. The % traffic slider simply removes any traffic the flightplan author set to be above that percentage. It has nothing to do with the area covered.But don't worry, even set at 100% your AI traffic is limited to a radius of 108 NM from your plane. So you will have no more frame rate drag loading traffic for the entire world than you would for just your airport. So feel free to add those airlines!Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Tom,Exactly the info I was looking for! Very much appreciated. Off to start loading up those new flightplans. Thanks again for your help!orbmis