Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

I forgot how much I love the original Fly!

I haven't even touched the original Fly! for almost a year now. Only Fly!II. That is until this morning. Something inspired me to install it, and see what it looks like with my shiny new graphics card. All I can say is wow. It is a completely different sim now. At 4x FSAA I get over 30 fps at SFO, with all the "sliders" maxed out. This is WITH clouds as well. Enjoying this a LOT. I encourage all of you to take a look back at this sim, and give it another shot......You just might become addicted to it ;)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It was a very good program (specially FLY2k with Sky! & GroundControl) that showed that you could have alternatives to FS. I still fire it up once in a while but then do my flying only in Germany (Ruhr's scenery).Michael J.

I only use FLY2k; I have FLYII but deleted it after it became apparent I needed a new computer and card (PIII 550, TNT32). I've downloaded most of the relevant Terrascenery, and spend many hours of enjoyment. Not sure what I'll do if and when I upgrade hardware.

Same here. Still use Fly!2k but only with the Rhein-Ruhr scenery add-on and the Netherlands scenery for real VFR flights. Use it 60% of the time whereas Fly!II gets 35% of usage and FS2002 5%.

G'day,Yep I too have revisited Fly!2k to try to rekindle the flame of love, but alas through my rose coloured glasses I never remembered just how fuzzy the scenery was or how lacking in detail the aircraft were. Flight above 10,000 ft was like flying on a huge baseball diamond in the sky. The only thing that was as I remembered were the clouds. But even these on my return were lacking in definition and height.Fly!2K is like an old flame; fondly remembered and treasured for the good times we had together but time moves on and I've moved on to my latest love Fly! II. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY