Sign in to follow this  
CPEPE

REINSTALL

Hi, I have been trying to add the upgrades to the basic program for a few days without a lot of progress, I can get to the first upgrade and all it keeps telling me is that the " old file was found ect" I have turned off the MIDI in the sound system and deleated and reinstalled till I blue in the face. This is a new system with xp pro that I had up and running but had other problems that I had to fix and now Fly is the last item . Can anyone HELP !!!!Intel 2.4512memgf4 4600sb128 Really do like my fly !!!!Thanks Tony

G'day Tony,> This is a new system with xp pro that I had up and >running but had other problems that I had to fix and now Fly >is the last item . Can anyone HELP !!!! Sorry Tony I'm no guru on this but it may help others if you elaborate on the above.have you ever had fly! II running on your XP pro system?What are the problems you had and what did you do to fix them. I am just wondering if perhaps you may have inadvertently altered some setting or whatever.Have you tried removing your SB128 sound card and then tried to load fly! II and the patches.Come back with more info; I'm sure someone will come to your rescue>Intel 2.4 >512mem >gf4 4600 >sb128 >Nice setup; that should really make Fly! get up and boogie :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Tony,There are a number of things to try, as every system is different. Which patch are you installing, the first Update patch or the all-inclusive patch that takes you to v210?If you have the European version, you need to go directly to Patch 4 to get to v210.When you get the "file not found" error, you definitely need to uninstall, delete all Fly! directories and files and start over. Definitely keep the MIDI turned off, as you have done. Also, make certain nothing else (background programs, ant-virus, etc.) is running.If you have the original Fly!II release, try the all-inclusive patch first without starting Fly!II after the original install. I would place the patch executable in the Fly!II root directory before running it. If that doesn't work, uninstall, delete and reinstall. This time, reboot, run Fly!II, exit, and try the update patch again. If neither of these approaches work, uninstall, delete, download the 4 original update patches and try the same procedures with the individual patches.

Randall Rocke

I have the same problem and tryed all yor sugestions to no avail. I would like to sugest that someone with a working patched FlyII could use Patch Maker to make a set of patches that could be tried by those that, like me, have had no success using the oficial patches.

Hi all, I think I solved my own problem by going into the register and deleteing "fly2" and was able to install right up to patch 230 !!!Now for all the add ons.....to bad this can't all fit on a single cd.Tony Pepe