Sign in to follow this  

YOU can help keep Fly growing

Jim,I'm now finished with my other projects and will be trying out your CLE package shortly. Are there any specific issues you discovered with the ILS and other navaids there?

Randall Rocke

Randall,I used VOL!EDIT to update the runway numbers in the RUNWAY POD. I'm not sure what I did to the ILS.POD. The ILS for 28 is OK. But the ILS for the 6R(?), when dialed into NAV1, immediately centers the OBI and it doesn't move."My bad" all the way around.I forgot about CLE. I've been waiting on a response from one of my KATL testers.Thanks!

Jim,I'm in my office right now, so I can't recall everything that was sent to me for CLE. Did the package include your DEXs for runway & ILS?

Randall Rocke

Randall,After I messed that up, no I did not include a DEX. Infact, I haven't opened VOL!Edit or DEXImport since then. Afraid to mess things up.Jim

Jim,New DEXs will be coming to you shortly via e-mail.

Randall Rocke

Hi Frank,I'm working on the State of Maine with TerraScene and will be working on the major airports and some of the smaller ones I have info for with TerraModels, if that helps any. I want to also get on Montana once again, *IF* I can get ahold of the missing DLGs/DEMs keeping me from completing most of my attempts at terra-scening.Cheers!Ken WoodCNN International Weather :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

I have no doubt that among the many Fly!IIers on this forum, that enough of us can make contributions to the program to allow us all to enjoy Fly!IIing. I am not a programmer, nor am I an airplane or model developer, so my hat goes off to those who know how to do this. I have made a few simple airports using A. Kriesman's outstanding TerraModels program (I just wish my eyes were good enough to see those tiny little runway signs when I try to add them!). I would say to those who don't feel comfortable making scenery or airplanes or etc not to worry about it. Someone has to be flying all these new planes into all the new airports!I agree with the idea that we work with our strengths. I am temporarily out-of-pocket while my wife and I bring a new baby into the house, but I soon hope to make more airport scenery, and perhaps some simple city scenery. I'm a southern boy so I'll do some of Virginia, Tennessee and maybe a little more North Carolina before I branch out. I think if we all concentrate on geographic areas of interest we can soon have a library full of realistic scenery and airports. Perhaps someone could start a reference file of existing scenery and airports and those of us who design could see what has been done/post our plans so no one duplicates efforts.I do have one suggestion for airport makers. Certain major airports need individual files, but for smaller models, batching a few regional airports makes the download/unzip process better. A good example of this is the contribution (apologies to the author as I don't have your name at hand) of the maker of the many regional New York airports. It's so easy to unzip one file than a dozen.Cheers!Conig