Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

FSI SCENERY CATALOGE

Hi all :-wave If you have just converted a great scenery with FSI post it here so we can all have a goHere is my first one Edinburgh Airport the zip to look for is edin2002.zipwith all the scenery running on my comp its a slide show but hitting "alt F7" sorts it out for me. PS.. remember I only have a 16 meg card.

I think this has already been shown.Its Duxford.The zip to look out for is dux2000.zipI love the way you can see all the aircraft in the museum.

I managed to import the vancouver harbour scenery but the frame rates were that bad on my pc I took it off. It took 15 mins to get to the harbour from the airport... not good.

Guest andrewluck

Here's Cardiff (EGFF).Filename is Cardiff_Intl_V3a.zip downloaded from a link on http://www.bavirtual.co.uk . Also modelled is BA's 747 maintenance facility.Aprons are missing, I need to do a bit of work with this one.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Here's the result of removing the FSI generated taxiway pod from the maps folder. Much better, but still some minor anomolies. Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

This is of LSFT strasborgThis is going to look wonderful with taxiways

This is a nice scenery in MSFS 2002 Its Saanen Switzerland.Convert and enjoy.

A few words about FPS rates ...It is a pity that you have to remove this scenery. It may be possible to add it again if you check the following ...Make sure you have fsimp102 (version v1.02) as this does no longer uses the SHARED folder and has a better FPS algorithm (see earlier threads.)Do not use the fly! editor to save sceneries as they entire scenery will be loaded by Fly! bypassing the FPS monitor. The total number of polygons will kill FPS on ANY PC.Make sure that you have allocated enough slots for the "TEX Size" that you use in the FSI dialog. If you do not allocate enough then it is impossible to maintain FPS. If you have little graphic card RAM then you might have to select "TEX size" 128 or less in FSI. It is still important to allocate enough slots. Another point is that if you change the "TEX size" you have to regenerate areas for this to take affect.Another posting gave the following tip - run Fly! with the scenery present, hit TAB twice to get the slots usage. Look at the "unique hits" line for the "TEX size" that you have selected. you must allocate AT LEAST this number in render.ini (see other threads) otherwise textures will be swapped in and out by Fly! between each frame totally killing FPS rates.The README.TXT with v1.02 has an updated discussion of FPS.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Fantastic.....Thanks Padraic for that helpful information. I must be honest Im still using your first version and have found your wonderful software a bit of an addiction. So many thanks for all your hard work in this.Just interested!!!Is it possible to convert addon aircraft into Fly II from MS2002?Many thanksSteve Brown

Switzerland again: Samedan by Andreas HegiFile name: lszs1.1.zip (at Avsim)Taxiways missing.Thanks Padraic for the useful info!Pascal

OK I did this scenery but its all at the end of the runway and kind of gets in the way.....Any ideas?Steve Brown