Sign in to follow this  

Rich is gone

Guest crashing_pilot

Rich,i very much regret the fact i did not know you in person....it makes me so very HAPPY i can meet you on the other side...i won't forget you ..... and i'm looking forward to meeting you upthere.save me some rootbeer eh?."suddenly the air was filled with strange and sweet perfume,a light that came from EVERYWHERE drove shadows from the room.....******* stood before us,with his arms held open wide,and i fell down on my knees,and just clung to him and cried....He raised me to my feet,and as i looked up in his eyes,love was shining out from Them like sunlight from the skies,guilt and my confusion,disappeared in sweet relief,as every fear i'd ever had just melted into PEACE!""He's alive" Don Fransisco.

Tonight I fly for Richard !Richard and friends have brought us the best flight sim ever!May us all enjoy FLY the way it was intended.//Mats

Well, it's been some time since I've posted anything at AVSIM. I have been following the developements concerning Rich, however.I had the pleasure of meeting Rich in person a little over a year ago in Dallas. I must say that his on-line personna was a mere reflection of the truly inspirational and caring person Rich truly was. To have known Rich is one of the highest of highlights in my life.I first became acquainted with Rich long before the release of the original Fly! product. From that time forward he has always demonstrated character traits displayed by so precious few in this world. Richard's family, co-workers and friends (weither by on-line interaction or otherwise) can truly hold their heads up high having had Rich's life touch a part of our world.Rich, it is comforting to have seen you proclaim your relationship with Christ ******* so publicly. It gives me courage to know I WILL be meeting with you again some day.Tara, your courage through these last few years has also been an inspiration to many people associated with AVSIM, TRI, etc. You can be proud of the man you called "husband". His example and witness will, I'm sure, touch more lives than anyone can possibly know.Tears are making it hard to type anymore, but they are tears of both sorrow AND joy. The sorrow is in losing a good friend like Rich, but the joy is in knowing the pain and suffering are over."1 Corinthians 15:5555 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?"The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.Your friend in Christ,Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse

Guest Mgarmy

Goodbye my friend....Mannie

Our best tribute to Rich would be to try and be a bit more like him.My thoughts are with his family.Eddie Souter

Sad, but thinking positive thoughts as Rich requested...RH, you will always be an inspiration.Tally-ho,Michael Smith

This poem helped me when my Brother and Father passed away the same week a couple a years ago. Do not stand at my grave and weep.I am not here. I do not sleep.I am the thousand winds that blow,I am the diamond

Guest Allan Jones

Tara and Lauren,We will continue to hold you in our prayers as we have done for many months.Many people walk this earth for a lifetime and never leave as much as a dusty footprint. Then there are those like Rich, who deeply touch, encourage and inspire. They leave a legacy of hope--and a better world--behind them when they claim the Great Prize.I know it's hard now, but take comfort in knowing that his live counted. He touched people around the world in a way few of us can ever imagine. He is at peace, the peace that passes understanding.Rich,Thank you. I will work harder in the quest for the reunion that only our God can provide. Keep a pail of root beer iced down in the hanger!Allan and Susan Jones and family

I never knew Rich but I saw his final post days after I lost my mum to cancer.This brought thoughts of dread to my mind of what his family must have been going through.To Rick : I hope you are "Soaring High"!To his family : At this worst time of your life think that your beloved Rick is finally out of all of his pain and suffering.Take care,Alex.

Its time for yet another takeoff for me tonight.FLY II has given me so much fun!Thanks for everything Rich , rest in peace.:-rotor

My sincerest condolences go out Richard Harvey's family.I never met Richard, neither did I own Fly! or participated in this forum. But reading Richard's final post, I felt like I had just met the most courageous and generous person. For this honour and privilege I thank you.May your final journey be safe and pain-free.Sincerely,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

God bless, Rich. Now you can FLY! with your OWN wings.

BobK

Godspeed Rich,Someday We Will All Be Able To Soar With You.Fly High,Joseph.