Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

All patched & updated - or so I thought...

Long story short: The Flyhawk compass is backwards.I know updating is supposed to fix this, but it there some secret order in which to install?Also, as a few nitpicks, Fly! won't recognize my rudder pedals as being centered; I'm using the CH Pro Pedals (non-usb).I can't seem to get the autopilot to work right; the aircraft all seem to want to bank uncontrollably.Any help appreciated.Andrew

>Long story short: The Flyhawk compass is backwards.>Are you sure it's backwards? Mine is correct. This type of compass actually rotates opposite of the directional gyro and can be a bit confusing. It's because your looking at the "tail end" of the compass. Most light aircraft have this type. The other type, is a vertical card compass, which follows & looks like the directional gyro in rotation. This is my preference.L.Adamson

Hey there - I should have been more clear - I mean the directional gyro, not the whiskey compass... it was, indeed, backwards.-but-It's fixed, after -two- full reinstallations including patches. I checked the contents of my windows/temp folder but nothing was there, so I don't know what the problem was.Still can't get my pedals calibrated to Fly!, and I think I need to read up on the autopilot since it doesn't seem too willing, but besides that, I'm getting there...Thanks,Andrew>>Long story short: The Flyhawk compass is backwards.>>>Are you sure it's backwards? Mine is correct. This type of>compass actually rotates opposite of the directional gyro and>can be a bit confusing. It's because your looking at the "tail>end" of the compass. Most light aircraft have this type. The>other type, is a vertical card compass, which follows & looks>like the directional gyro in rotation. This is my preference.>>L.Adamson

Andrew,Did you install Rob Young's flight model updates for the Flyhawk? If so, that's what is causing problems with the AP - they appear to not like each other. Set Rob's files aside if you're going to use the AP - put his files back in if you want the most realistice handling characteristics without the AP.

Randall Rocke