Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Using the sectionals and maps from the Mac version in PC version

I just helped my father install Fly!II on his iMac. Never knew what we were missing in PC land! His came with a manual and three CD's, one for the program, one for scenery, and one with all kinds of sectionals and charts. I took this CD home but my PC won't open it. My question is could I make a zip file of his map folder and put it in my map folder for the PC or are there differences in these file types, or do I also have to edit other files to utilize these maps? If someone else has tried this and been successful, please tell me.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Zane,I don't know about compatability issues - one of our Mac Fly!ers will have to answer that.I can tell you that since the Mac version of Fly!II came out much, much later, they were able to package the manual, scenery, and maps that were not yet finished when the PC version was forced out the door. However, all of those sceneries, manuals, and maps for the PC version have been available for download from the file library here for a long time. I know that's not as convenient as sticking in a CD, but they are readily available and are easy to install.

Randall Rocke

Hello Randall,They appear to be the same *.ecw files and *.map files, not sure if the same errors in positioning occur on some of them. The Mac CD will not read on my PC CD-ROM. I tried downloading a demo conversion software, it will allow me to see the contents on the drive but that is not usable since I can't see inside the install file or open it. I'm gonna take my USB zip-drive over today and ###### all the files that I don't have and load them onto my computer. I'll let all the forum readers know if this works.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888