Sign in to follow this  

C4TO

Guest richpress

I have recently downloaded C4TO and the latest patch.It is a great program and I havn't experienced any problems as such. However all approaches so far have been visual using "Alt Home "following a series of 180deg turns. Thats fine but I would like to experience vectors using an ILS approach under this program.The destination A/P for this testing is KSFO. I have tried flying IFR with ceiling down to 800' thinking that the weather may make a difference. Is it something I have missed in the readme?

Guest Eagle

I thought that C4TO took into consideration the weather. I know that I have used it in overcast conditions and very low minimums and it has always provided vectors to an ILS runway.You may want to do a "C4TO" search as that subject and many others have been discussed in this forum.

Are you using version 2 or 3?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest richpress

Version 3 with the latest patch

I'm still using V2 (the original Flyscripts! version for Fly!II). In fact, I was one of the beta testers for the script and recorded one of the controllers voices. C4TO was designed (in its original form) as an IFR ATC system - ALL approaches are vectors for an ILS based on winds. Now, if the prevailing surface winds force an approach to a runway that is not an ILS and the actual conditions are VFR, you can request a visual approach. However you must do this before you are told to contact Approach, or a visual cannot be used.If the runway you are vectored to doesn't happen to have an ILS, you can simply shoot the VOR or NDB approach instead (of which most IFR approaches are, though there are now GPS approaches, also). If there are no IFR approaches for the assigned runway, simply cancel IFR (in C4TO), then shoot an instrument approach to one of the other runways, followed by a circling approach to the original assigned runway (exactly how it's done in the real world). :-)C4TO (in its original form) works very well. About 80% of the time I am vectored to a runway that has an IFR (though not necessarily an ILS) approach. For the other 20% I simply fly a circling approach, or fly a visual. I understand the author of the new versions of C4TO (the DLL versions), wanted to add more functionality for choosing runways, make C4TO more of an all-around ATC that would also include VFR procedures, provide for in-flight filing from non-controlled airports, etc. I also understand that there are still bugs to be worked out, but that he has had some success. I haven't had time to work with the new version yet, but I would think that making VFR or IFR flights would be your choice (just like the real world), not C4TO's. If you file IFR, then you'll be vectored for an ILS approach - if you file VFR, then you will not be vectored, etc.

Randall Rocke

Is it poswible to add the ability of locate the aircraft regardless where it may be and help it return to the flight plan. Titus