Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Say KenWood, How is the Seawind 300C coming along?

Guest spenik

I read in a post a while back that You were working on this excellent plane. How is it coming? I know I allways asktoo early about these programing things, but I just love news about planes I am hoping to fly! :)

Guest Steve Brown

Hi :-wave I cant answer your question but Johnny has some great shots for you to look at...http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/sin...eawind/sea1.jpg Follow this link.http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/sin...nd/seawind.htmlAnd the new Helicopters being built for Fly2 are here...http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/helo/helo.html All the best, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.

Guest spenik

Ho ho! Now I can stare at the excellent craftsmenship untill The panell pics come out. Thanks Johnny!

Greetings! Here is a "Progress Report" for everyone!The 3d Model is finished, as you can see (except for a repaint required by Seawind, Inc.). Please thank Jarno Deken for this excellent rendition! The Company loved it, so that says a lot! The livery posted will also be available as well, with kind permission received from the actual plane's owner! I believe Alejandro is working on some of the flight dynamics/systems for me when he can between other projects, but one stalling point is me - the panel work is going slowly. I've some good pics to go by, but truthfully, my "artistic" skills are a bit lacking. :-eek They aren't weather fronts and symbols! :-lolCurrently working on a method to make her a true amphibian - trickier than one might think! :-) At the moment, one would need to have the wheels down, which is not the way she'd land on the water. But we will figure this one out! ;-)There is a new gauge I am "attempting" to create - that is a real slow process for me as well.The inside cockpit views will take time to create, for I currently lack proper perspective views, but am continuing to research it! I hope to be able to get a real plane in my vicinity to take the pics I need to work from down the road.The final slowing point is I *finally* found a new job, and that is taking some time away from the project currently (job training and all that). So unfortunately, a completion date is hard to give at this point. I will continue to provide updates as I can. Working with Jarno's group is a blessing - their talent is really great, and I certainly thank all in F2FDesign for their help!Many thanks for the interest! Johnny - your shots are fantastic!Best regards to all!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest spenik

Congragulations on your new job Ken, and Thanks for the update. I found a pic of the cocpit of a seawind on a link you gave on your first metion of this prodject. I would give you a link but I don't know how. If you would like to see it, I could try to give you directions.Whats the "new gauge"? Is it a radar altimiter? I love radar altimiters! :-)Thanks Jarno! Hope to see the Seawind soon Ken ;-)

hehehe - don't want to give *all* away!! But it is not a radar altimeter... ;-) Could always incorporate the one from the Navajo into this panel, though! Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest spenik

Say, that would be nice! It would be very handy to know how far off the water you are when landing on an unknown lake. If you don't mind, Sure put a radar altimiter up there!Thanks again Ken!

Guest 3dfly

This is a very lovely Bird :-)Giorgio

Guest Eagle

Hey Ken, couldn't you wait a while on the new job until you finsih the plane?

Guest spenik

Say Wayne, would Harvey Air be interested in adding the Seawind to their fleet when it comes out? I could just see it with a snazzy red and white repanit! ;-)

Just to let ya know, Wayne and I are already planning something for Harvey Air with the Seawind, once it is out. :-jumpyWayne, wish I could have, but a job is a job, and I needed it!! ;-)I will still manage to find time, just not as much as I'd like. :-(Now, if there are any artists with some time on their hands, and wouldn't mind doing some interior work, that would help *a lot*! :-hahI'm still searching for some good interior shots to work from, though...Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Hi Steve, Thanks - that's one I already have, though I was going for something more along these lines for the panel. Reason being, they match somewhat (least for the seats) with the Malibu floor console. ;-)The main thing is getting the 45 degree left/right front and rear, the 90 degree left/right views and the 180 back view done. Finding shots for those is the problem so far. Matching up with the Malibu interior shots I suppose isn't too difficult, but an artist I just am not. :-( My feeble attempt has been poor so far! So am concentrating mainly on the main panel right now and how to match it up more with what you will see in the attachment. The one with the blue-green interior is from N666AC... the current livery we have painted. Myself, I prefer the first one, and have three perspective shots of it, none of which are clear enough to do lettering by, but good enough to do the overall layout from. :-)Cheers! Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Got it, Steve... thanks!Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️