Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Another Terrascene question.

As kind of a follow up to my post about TS and rendering Maine and Mass., I TSed 6 globe tiles last night and looked around a little at them this morning. They looked rather "low" resolution to me. Maybe I just haven't seen TS scenery in a while. But, I didn't use the Fly!II base textures that TS wanted to unpack durning the install. I installed the HITW texture pack that is no longer aviaiable (I have it on CD) and then I chose "Mountain County" as the texture pack. I noticed that it said it was for "Fly! and Fly!2k". Would that be my problem? I was under the impression that Fly!II slicer would chop up the TGA image at the maximum res that Fly!II can handle. Should I have used the Fly!II base textures? How does the east coast look with those compared to the HITW stuff?Pieter

Pieter,If you used the HITW textures, you cut the resolution in half - those were great textures for Fly!2K, but don't work well in Fly!II's 7.5 m/p environment.Yes, you should use the base textures - these are high resolution and match well with the default. If you haven't extracted them, do so. The "Base Fly2 Generic Textures" pak actually uses just a small amount of the textures that are places in the base directory - if you wish, open up the base land types, then use the editor to look at all of the other textures...then, combine them for your own east coast texture pak.

Randall Rocke