Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Dell Inspiron Sound Volume Button

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop.If I press the sound volume decrease button I switch to an outside view of the aircraft from the cockpit view.Anyone has the same problem and/or knows the solution?:-beerchug

Guest Eagle

Nothing wrong with your computer. Mine does the same thing when in the Fly sim.

It appears that Fly! is recognizing that button as a camera button with your hardware. Do you know which camera it is switching to? Normally, a "label" appears momentarily to identify the view. If it's always the same camera, try switching the camera button assignment for that camera to a different key.

Randall Rocke

Randall,It jumps to the spot view and by repeated clicking it cycles through all the camera views just as with the C key

Interesting - it may be recognizing it as a "C" key entry then. My first thought would have been that it is being recognized as a key entry identical to the Spot View and would have recommended changing the key assignment for spot. However, since it's cycling through the views, the more likely culprit would be the "C".The first thing I would do is go to the Buttons and Keys assignments under Options and make a test - pick an item that has no current button, or key assigned and press your volume button. If Fly! sees it as a keystroke a letter will appear - if its a "C", then you know you'll need to change your cycle view key to something else. However, Fly! may be seeing it as a joystick button - in that case, a button number will appear. If a button assignment appears, then it is the same that is assigned to cycle views - it can be deleted or changed.I'm interested to see how this all comes out. :-)

Randall Rocke

Randall,Yes, the volume button does show up as C but it still decreases the volume at the same time as cycling through the cockpit views!!!:-lol