Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

Best rudders for the money!

I'm looking to purchase a quality set of rudders, but would like some input first from pilots who are using them. I don't necessarily want to spend a fortune, but am interested in quality and performance. I am tired of using the joystick for both my rudders and yoke, since it works terribly in crosswinds and in takeoff when you need them. I will eventually be buying a proper yoke also, but want the rudders first since that's what I feel I need the most.Regards, :-sun1CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Surely, there's got to be someone here with rudders! Anyone, Anyone. :-lolRegards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

I use the Pro Pedals from CH Products, they have some problems being dropped by XP and such, but they are very easy to setup and use. They weren't too expensive ($100 or less, depending on where you get them) and their quality is excellent. Hope thats enough info, CH's website is :) :+PS. CH also sells the USB Yoke for about the same price, it has the same problem being dropped by XP but, again, it is easy to use and is good quality.Cpudan80

I have both the CH Products USB Yoke and the USB Rudder Pedals for almost 8 months now. Never had a problem at all. On some systems they seem to drop off, (not the fault of CH Products at all) as on my system they have worked with no problems whatsoever.I highly reccomend them. Bought mine from www.fscentral.com great people, willing to go the extra mile for ya.If yo have any questions ask away!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

Just curious, what do you mean about them being dropped off? Also, do they have toe brakes? Thanks for the websites, I will take a look at them. Regards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

The best rudder pedals are made by PFC. I use their Cirrus pedals ($395-$425), but they also have models for well over that price, and these are FAA certified for use with PCATDs (no doubt overkill for FS).I suggest the Cirrus pedals. Extremely well built, will last "forever", and come very close to giving you the feel of the real thing. They look like they pulled them out of a Cessna! They also have a version with jet airliner-style pedals attached.The Cirrus pedals also have working toe brakes.http://www.flypfc.com/They also have a lot of other hardware goodies to temp you!I cannot speak highly enough of PFC products, they are worth every penny you spend on them. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F..._FORUM_LOUd.jpg