Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

Adding AI has opened a new world, but......

I am making my first attempts at using the Traffic Tools 1.2.I do notice that my frame rates (I know everyone hates that phrase by now) plummet to around 4-5 FPS if two or three of the AI planes are in my view. I have used a couple yeodesigns 737s, some of the Posky 767 and A330s.Is there a way to reduce the impact of these planes on my FPS? Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?Hope you can ive some input!! And thanks if you are able to!!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

Those are probably the worst planes to use when you want good frame rates since they are so detailed. I also had this problem but eventually removed all the high detail aircraft from my flightplans. I heard that some people were converting the bitmaps down to like 8bit and removing certain textures that were not needed by AI aircraft. I don't know how well this works but it might be worth a shot.The really Good news is that Project AI will be releasing AI friendly aircraft that are Gmax and will not impact your frame rates. They are in beta right now, but word has it they are going to release their first package very soon :) Here is a link to Project AI's website: http://project-ai.deep-ice.com/

hi jason, as sort of a work around I am just using the *default* FS aircraft as AI aircraft since I had severe frame rate problems with other addon aircraft. So I downloaded several repaints of the default aircraft which works just fine because the deafult aircraft do obviously not affect frame rates too much. I have set my AI traffic to 100% and added lots of flightplans for europe....CheersPhilCome to DAD!http://www.dangerous-airports.com/images/dad_logo.jpg

Thanks gents,I like the idea of repaints of the default A/C. And I had heard of Project AI, but was not really interested in it until now.Once again thanks for your input guys, I will go ahead and make some changes. Lately all I have been doing is flying around hearing "Pacifica, Orbit" kind of annoying now. This has opened a new dimemsion to me in the flight simulator world.Thanks,http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

Guest Boone

Just an FYI - I am Beta testing Project AI's first release and it is very smooth (considering the amount of AI traffic that is)!!!Yes it does effect frame rates but nothing like when you use default or imported planes. I'd say for every one default 737 you can have 4 or 5 Project AI planes. This is just a guess however. I don't like talking frame rates, I prefer to use 'feel' - and the overall 'feel' is really nice. Boone -

My post originally was going to be the "When will it be released?" question. But I know that is another one of those dreaded questions.Instead of that I will ask this: Are you so far happy with the product? Will I have the same range of aircraft liveries as I have with the currently available aircrafts?If you have any other good inforamtion please let me know.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

Guest Boone

Hi there, I can not speak for Project AI as I am only Beta testing but the release is soon.....To say I am happy with the product would be an understatement!Last night I practiced a flight with a new download forgetting all about the new Project AI Beta I had installed, I started my flight in LAX where I always like to practice go arounds. As I taxied the aircraft from the far parking ramp across the airport to the new runway I had opened (Using AFCAD - an easy and essential tool for filling up airports!) I suddenly was struck with delight by all the various Delta and United planes parked and tixiing along the way. The frame rates remained 'smooth' (keeping in mind this is LAX - AT NIGHT!) I couldn't count the number of planes but I'd say there was roughly 30 - 40. Project AI have not included American or Continental in the intial release so that will fill up the airport completely in the future.So to answer the final part of your question, they have modelled nearly every commercial aircraft available. I have seen 3 or 4 versions of the 737, 777, a 747 300 & 400, Airbus A340, A320, A319, 757's 767's.... all frame friendly. There are 20 plus airlines so far.Boone