Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

FS9 "uninstall" not fully uninstalled...

Hi:Anyone know of this situation? I uninstalled FS9, using the ADD/REMOVE feature in the control panel of WINXP. I had added a number of aircraft, and thought I'd lost all these addons. The uninstall was done because too many bad things wre happening in the program...planes veering to the right during take-off, (they didn't do this before). I created a flight, set things up as I usually do, and the plane would roll down the runway, straight as a die. Not so any more..a number of other weird responses to aircaft controls so I uninstalled. After the reinstallation, all the planes were still there.... So are the glitches and hangups from before. Is there a way to really UNINSTALL FS9, so that EVERYTHING is gone?Any and all replies appreciated.Thanks...jncameron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

With possible Fly!ers using the FS9 sim as well, here is what I'd do:do the uninstall; then from the Explorer window, delete the FS9 folder completely; Use RegEdit and search out and delete ALL references to FS9 from Registry file; reboot computer; Using a *different* folder name (like FS2004) install FS9 again; begin adding in all add-ons and checking after each few add-on installs to find the culprit that caused the problems.Not as easy as Fly!II by having HST files to delete first and check... ;-)Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock