Sign in to follow this  
Fall_guy

737 Panel, status?

Guest dajackman

I remember a while ago someone posting a wonderfull pic of a 737 panel they were working on. Anyone know the status of that project. I remember that it looked really awsome.PS - I know traffic here has slowed, but I still check in.....

Guest tonyc

I think that was me. I was working on a number of panels, including the 737. But since I decided to build a plane from ground zero, I've been immersed in this project exclusively. Once I get this one out, perhaps I'll pick up one of the other panels. tony

Guest dajackman

Yea that was it? Wish he would finish it!!! Also wish I was able to design panels....What airliners is everyone flying that have custom panels. I use the DC-9 the most.....

Guest tonyc

why not start designing panels? It's a lot of work, addictive, and, eventually, you can see it fly!tony

Guest dajackman

Anyone think John Wimbush would let us "beta test" what he has so far? I love the job that was done on the 737, however the hawker panel keeps me from believing I am flying one....

Not sure, but if John is not going to finish it, we might be able to ask permission to attempt to finish it via F2FDesign and/or ROTW. It would be a shame to see such a wonderfully done panel not completed! But it *is* quite time consuming work - and programming the DLLs is the worst part of it, methinks.John, if you're still around, would that be something you'd be willing to agree to??? :-) I can ask he group members if they'd be willing to help finish her up...Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken, Johnny, Tony,the guy who posted. (sorry I don't know your first name)Wow thats an old panel,... I think I did that in Fly2k. Anyhow the reason I discontinued the 737-500 panel was because I was told Tony and Giorgio was creating one. So I decided to do something else (the MD83) pics below.As most of you are aware, Panels take a huge amount of time to create, the biggest problems though are hooking everything up especially if your not a programmer. With this in mind I can only go so far before running into problems. I have ask for help in the past but have not recieved any offers.If I'm honest its probably me at fault....... because I don't want to issue a panel with knobs and dials that dont function correctly and being a MAC guy Im pretty much on my own.As well as the MD83 Ive just started work on a Glass cockpit Panel which we should be able to use in a few different aircraft.I'll see what I can do in the not too distant future.RegardsJohn

Guest tonyc

Hi, John. I am working on a 737 panel, as I am on a number of other projects. Perhaps we can post in a special Heading which projects everyone is working on , and their priority or completeness. I confess that I left alone the panel when I became curious about 3d modeling for FLY2. The rest is history. It takes time , especially when all is being done by one person.tony

Hi John, Am sorry to hear you discontinued work on that panel. :-( It was really looking good! If it were for Fly!2K, then that was a bit before I began my Fly! II Seawind project. Doing the panel work for a "photo-real look" panel is hard enough... Been trying to see about a 3D panel version for Seawind, but am afraid that is just beyond my humble capabilities (artistically and time-wise). However, if there is help you need in working on the actual panel files, I might be able to help, now that I have a better understanding of how they work. AMP file work, well... that's Alejandro's area, and I cannot speak for him... ;-) And that is *a lot* of tedious work. But if you'd like to bring it further along, let me know and we might can work something out. I'd certainly love to see your work come to fruition. I liken this to something like over on MSFS - why not have a couple panels to choose from? One Analogue and another in the Glass Cockpit style for the 737 series? Be like in the 727's... Older analogue style for diehards, and more modern glass cockpit style for those of us that like graphical displays. :-hahI'm still working on Seawind, but awaiting Alejandro's time to open up a bit to do some of the AMP file work for me afore I can complete much more.Beautiful work on the MD-83 panel! Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Ken,As I mentioned early I've just started a Glass Cockpit which is beginning to take shape now, so I'll post a picture shortly. What I'll probably do is get the panel into Fly and do as much as I can (time permitting) to get the basics up and running. At that time I'll make a list of the main things/problems that I can't program and If you can help out...... then that would be fantasic.Regards John