Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

How to you get the Seneca to track GPS in the autopilot or HSI?

Hey,I'm absolutely loving flying this beauty. Check out the screenshots over at http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...mID8/46832.htmlIn all this excitement I haven't been able to locate the Nav switch to toggle between Nav1 and GPS for the HSI and autopilot. Manual doesn't list it either (unless I';m blind!).Anyone know where it is?Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest laurentC

Hi Zane,It isn't anywhere ... but other versions to comme will have !Cheers,Laurent

Guest Fly II Pilot

He has been booted from Avsim, and according to him it was his fault.I wonder what happened. It must have been in another forum. Larry, if you're reading (I'm sure you are). Could you post something in the flightsim forum explaining what happened (you can use the same link). I can't post over there to ask the question.Take care,Alex

I think it was over the pitching up issue when flaps are applied to the Archer. There was a rather heated argument by several "experienced" pilots as to whether or not it pitches up or down or at all. I didn't find any posts by Larry since then... real shame, he contributed a great deal to many parts of the forum and his real piloting experience was always a welcome addition to any discussion. His Fly screenshots are what originally brought me over from the "darkside." }( How about just a short leave of absence for Larry? Avsim, are you listening? Anyone can get their feathers ruffled, sure interesting though how certain folk get to say their piece and yet they remain.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest rene_35

Hello Zane,your answer (how to use GPS-PA) is implemented in the second version (the "green" one) available on this site: there is a new switch on the panel to do that, and also a new altitude selector:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/93778.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/93779.jpgHave good flights with this new version, and try this new pilot sighthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/93780.jpg

Guest Jan

Hi Rene.Thanks for the new version of the Seneca.Great!I have one problem though.Also with the original base model.When pressing the caution light test button,I get a CTD.Anyone else havingthe same problem?Or is it just me?Take care.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

Guest rene_35

no, Jan, you are not alone!few people have this problem (TJ, the panel creator has it!) but not at each flight: it's a mystery (for the moment). It seems there is a conflict but we don't know between what.Sorry, but the only solution: don't put your finger on the test alarms button!;-)

Guest rene_35

But...try to cancel all the .hst files (yes again, that is like "aspirine" for Fly!), sometimes that fixes this bug.

G'day Zane,You rang a bell in my memory so I did a search and found that thread. That's my name either side of Larry's last post but there is nothing in any of the posts to give any rise to cause disqualification from Avsim forums. In fact it was quite amicable :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest spenik

Tanks Rene, the green looks great! Will there by any chance be a mac version of the Seneca F-GTFR? I tried down loading it but needed the DLLs. Thanks again!

I think some of the posts were deleted. I still vote for the leave of absence idea and let the guy back in... AVSIM, are you listening? He was very helpful and sorely missed.Cheers,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest rene_35

Hi zane,As you know, F-GTFR is not only a repaint because she has a lot of new functionalities.Then, may be I'll implement the manual one day. Waiting this time, you can find some explanations on simvol Seneca's page (in french for the moment, in english in few days).The other great news is for our Macusers friends: the F-GTFR is now downloadable in Mac version. Go to the Seneca simvol page (english or french, as you prefer).

Hi Rene,I already put the Seneca on my father's Mac. The last aircraft he owned was a Navajo Chieftan but the Fly!II version doesn't fly right, needs a lot of work. He is much happier with the Seneca, realistic performance and flight dynamics, looks better, nicer interior views... the list goes on. Thank you for putting the extra work to make it work on the Mac :).Regards,ZanePS Did you get my email regarding the TBM700?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888