Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Moving Lights from ROTW and F2FD

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dear fellow Fly!ers,Based on a technique originally developed by F2FD for the Dauphin's searchlight, and thanks to Laurent Claudet's ingenuity and outstanding programming skills, we now have the ability to add moving lights to our aircraft.We used the Pilatus as an example, because its taxi light is mounted on the nose gear. On the default Pilatus, the taxi light remains pointing forward while the nose gear is pivoted left and right. With this addon the light pivots with the gear!!!We've enclosed a Readme file that gives a very basic explanation of how this was accomplished.You can download this addon from the www.F2FDesign.com downloads section.We look forward to your feedback.Enjoy!!!http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest chezz

Thanks for this another fix and add-on.chris_CA

Alejandro,It would be a good idea to upload the fixes to AVSIM as it makes it easier for anyone using Fly II to check for possible downloads they may want rather than having to look at several sites.From time to time I look through the AVSIM Fly download library and find files that I have missed in the past or chose not to download them at the time I first saw them.It also means if the alternative website is no longer supported the downloads are already available from a reliable source.:-beerchug

Guest tonyc

Alex,In the 3d model, do the lights need to "children" of the "strut", or can they still be children of the body?I am asking this question since I am not sure as to where the Pilatus lights are attached in the s3d model. thanks.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,If this is to make the lights move, you don't need to change anything on the S3D model. It's all done through the AMP and ELT files. Now, if you have a gear-mounted light then it needs to be a children of the strut, or pivoting gear, depending on whether it pivots or not.Hope this answers your question.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg