Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

SOUTH NORWAY SRTM

Guest detector

#### gotta check this one out. Even if Fly II is not my main sim these days, its still on my HDD, and I always wanted to see Fly II SRTM elevations in Norway...what I never completed myself. You guys just *might* force me to update ENZV and ENCN...but no promises here...coastlines are time-consuming baddies. But...Jan, if you want to do something about ENZV I`ll be there ;)

G'day Fonchy,Now that's what I call elevations. Great work. It will surely add a new dimension to flying in the area. All you scenery guys are starting to give me the bug again to do something about the elevations around Sydney. :-) I've downloaded some srtm data from the Nasa site ( 90 m dem - whatever that means.) whilst it is available. Is that better than the Fly! II default mesh?Cheers,Roger

Guest Mats_Frisk

Thank you, Fonchy!It is wonderful to see something "as real as it get

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roger,Well, the 90m comes from the 3 arc-second sampling, this means that the elevation grid has a resolution of 3 arc-seconds or 90 meters per sample. The Fly! standard elevation is based on a 30 arc-seconds grid, which equals to 1 kilometer. Basically, this new mesh has a resolution that is more than 10 times better than Fly! II's default.Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg