Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

trueSpace 3.2 exporter available for test

Guest Chris Wallace

I'd like to invite anybody who uses trueSpace 3.2 (or perhaps higher versions) for modelling aircraft or scenery objects to drop me a line to test out a new plug-in exporter for TRI S3D files. This plug-in works the same way as the 3DS MAX plugin that TRI supplied with Fly! II. It takes your trueSpace scene and generates a .S3D file that can be imported by either the Shape Editor or Keyframe Editor in Fly! II to generate .SMF or .ACM files for static or animated objects respectively.Thanks to Roger Mazengarb and Paul Simpson for their test efforts to date, and Even Larsen for finally squashing some persistent bugs related to part animations.I will finish off the documentation and get it ready to upload to the library, but in the meantime if you would like to try it out let me know.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

G'day Chris, A big personal thank you for all the hard work and effort that you put into giving us the converter. Now to put it to good use :-) Your biggest fan :-jumpyCheers,Roger

Guest tonyc

wow, Chris. This is fantastic news. tony

Whoa! Betcha ya Bart will be interested in this one! I certainly will be willing to try it out, although I'm still quite a newbie with ANY of the 3d modelling programs.Thanks, Chris! You're efforts are very much appreciated!Many Cheers,Ken Wood :-sun1Seawind Projecthttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster