Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Wayne's World

Wayne,I noticed your post regarding Randall's US data update.There are lots of airports in the US you have been so good as to provide us the scenery for.I,for one, am delighted you are 'populating' the rest of the world's airports.Surely those who fly in the US have enough airports to chose from so you can continue creating scenery for the rest of Wayne's World?May I humbly suggest that those wanting other US airports take up your earlier offer of requesting the specific airports and in the meantime you continue with the excellent job you are doing creating airport scenery for the rest of the world.What do other flyers think?:-beerchug

My next DB Update will be for a group of Canadian fields, all because I downloaded a number of Wayne's Canadian offerings and discovered DB problems with many of them while enjoying the new sceneries.I'll be giving Wayne a list of other U.S. airports I'd love to see with scenery added, but I do agree that his making sets for airports outside the U.S. then attracts me to fly in new spaces.I would caution those that want more airports outside the U.S. updated with models to please remember that it's far more difficult for many of us to obtain data that we need to update or create for those airports. For those who recommend scenery creation around the world, it would be very helpful if they were to provide resources for those airports for Wayne and others to create from (charts, accurate position data, etc.) :-)Finally, if someone favors a country for which other updates have changed geographical positions (such as Australia), it would be behoove those persons to inform Wayne, myself, and other developers of such updates before incompatibilities are created.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

I like doing airports in other parts of the world and still have a number to do in Finland, Spain and Denmark. As long as the FLYers want them I will continue to do the scenery.I stopped the Australia airports because I was not sure if there was a compatibility issue. If you are using the default scenery that came with Fly there should be no problem. I do have sources for airports outside the U.S. and if anyone else has a source let me know. I have considered Germany, so if there is an interest I will add that to my list.

I for one enjoy Wayne's work from wherever he provides! The work he's done is tremendously appreciated, for I fly in quite a few different countries, thanks to Wayne's efforts, and the several other scenery developers (Harald Kraft for one pops to mind) with their wonderful airfield recreations. Thanks, Wayne, Harald and all the others who have provided airport and regional/ country specific sceneries!Now for a side note for those who may be wondering, the Seawind is progressing slowly, but the aircraft will be coming. I've received some additional help to get her out of my hangar and into yours! So hoping sometime soon, just can't lock down a date yet. ;-)Ken Wood :-sun1Seawind Projecthttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster