Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Please explain..........????

G'day Randall,I realise that several of the regulars are shackled by their work committments, but with the forum being so quiet I couldn't believemy eyes when I saw that downloads were well underway. It does appear from the replies to this thread that quite a few still log on and search the library even though they don't have the time to participate on the forum. I was just curious - that's all.Aren't the USGS data still available ? albeit at a different website.It would just mean the process can't be automated as you would have to get the data first and then use Terrascene. No rush for the Nav data, whenever you get the time. Cheers,Roger

Hi Roger,The USGS dumped the anon. FTP which was the auto access setup for TS. Yes, the HTML access is till available, so I am in a long process of downloading it manually piece by piece and setting up a tree structure on a separate HD that TS will be pointed to. Once that is done, I'll have another extremely high speed process which can be automated for an area of the US.There also appears to be a problem with wingswithwires access for some users, which was the site Todd moved the higher-res elevation data for US scenery, allowing for 3D terrain-modeling. If that is lost or will no longer be provided, it will push us back to the days of TS1, though I'm sure we can get the data somewhere.

Randall Rocke

G'day Randall,Yeah well no matter what those of you in America have been very fortunate compared to the rest of the world (not ROTW ), who are lucky to be able to find the odd shapfiles for their home territory.Still, we all get to share - that's the good thing. :-)Happy scenery making Cheers,Roger