Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

PMDG???

Guest Shalomar

By this time if the link is still active it must be legit. PMDG just doesn't want even questions about it. I think the "upgrade" might be a patch that fixes the autobrakes etc... Support is one thing, but not even basic info about products for sale? Sounds worse than not selling at all.Opinions?:-beerchugFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

G'day Donny,PMDG have posted in this forum that they no longer sell, develop or provide support for any of their previous products for Fly! II.What part of the above is difficult to understandPMDG's silence on the issue is fully in keeping with their stated position on Fly! II.There's nothing to discuss :-)Cheers,Roger

Guest paradoxbox

Well considering they created the product and hold the copyrights on it, and it remains on sale, they are making money on it or it is being sold illegally. I bought a product off that link thinking it was something else and PMDG has refused to give my money back or get me the product that I wanted originally.Regardless of whether they support the product or not, that's just poor service in my opinion, I won't forgive or forget it either. I've asked them several times every month for the last 5 months to give my money back or give me the aircraft I wanted to download. They don't even reply to customer mails anymore. As long as they get your money I suppose.

G'day Cory,Please don't get me wrong. I'm not defending PMDG for the action they took. I'm in complete agreement with you. I think the way they went about divorcing themselves from Fly! II could have been handled a lot better. If the product is still available on the link then possibly PMDG were not fully cognisant of the terms in the contractual agreement they had with Sharewareorder.comPMDG made a business decision. "It's nothing personal, it just business"Life's too short to dwell over the ethics of a payware group. Time to move on.Cheers,Roger ( Proud Freeware Supporter :-) )

Guest Shalomar

It's not the ethics I question. SharewareOrder.com could do so much better by simply giving more info, avoiding paradox's parodox and my curiosity about the "upgrade". The "PMDG???" was to attract their attention, though I am not blaming the situation on them they should realise a name is a name. If MS pulls the plug and PMDG goes to X-plane, will they do the same? Fixes is one thing to ask which at this point seems even to me unreasonable, but basic info is in the seller's greatest interest.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

G'day Donny,The only people who can supply this basic info you are talking about is PMDG and they have already stated their position.The fact that a product of theirs is still for sale on SharewareOrder.com is almost certainly not of their choosing.Yes, if all the MS simmers were to move across to X-plane the payware groups would just follow the gravy train. That's business. !!!Cheers,Roger

>I bought a product off that link thinking it was something>else and PMDG has refused to give my money back or get me the>product that I wanted originally.It is really your responsibility to know what you are buying and what kind of support to expect. You can only blame yourself.Michael J.

Guest paradoxbox

The product on the website is described and titled in a cryptic manner. I politely ask that if you don't have any knowledge of the specific situation, you remove yourself from the discussion. I don't enjoy reading your caustic replies Michael.I find it a little irritating that you still lurk this forum despite the fact you have not used Fly!II in at least several years. Why not find something better to do?Cory Burke

Guest Shalomar

In all fairness, I am "lurking" in the MSFS AND X plane/flightgear etc... forum.Best regards:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Just my opinion.Selling software , if wich is known the support has stopped , without telling the client ,is ILLEGAL.It is the same as selling peanut-butter wich passed the date.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Steve Brown

Yes, I second Leen on that thought.Steve

G'day Leen,>It is the same as selling peanut-butter wich passed the date.>I don't know about Europe but here in Australia it's common practicefor Super Markets to have out of date products on their shelves. No government body is willing to stand up and take responsibility for enforcing the law. The laws (fines etc) are in place but not being enforced. All you get from the Company PR spin doctors is meaningless clap trap statements about "codes of conduct" and "self regulation". illegal?? perhaps - but who's going to do anything about it?