Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

Mixture lever in AA5 not working

Hi All,Recently purchased a CH Throttle Quadrant to go with my Yoke and Pedals.Tried to create maps using the CH Control Manager for the Grumman and the DC3.All worked well to start with but now the mixture control lever on my Yoke won't work with the Grumman.The axes are set and all work when tested in the sim.Have sent an e-mail to CH Products but thought I'd ask here in case anyone has a solution other than re-installing the Grumman.:-beerchug

It has now started working again.Must be related to the CMCC as several Windows errors have occurred when the program is run.

G'day Ian,Somewhere deep in the bowels of the Fly! II engine TRI seem to have hard coded the mixture control to the mouse. In options/keys and buttons the user can map mixture control to keys and if you test the keys in the sim you will find that it works just fine but if you try the mouse you will find that it still also works. Also keep in mind that Fly! II is NOT a windows program, whereas MS2004 is and you can bet your bottom dollar that most (if not all) of the testing was done on MS2004 as that would be the primary market for the product.I don't know the significance of all of the above ( if any :-) ). BTW what's CMCC ??????Cheers,Roger

G'Day Roger,The CMCC is the Control Manager Control Center which CH products supply so as to enable different control options to be chosen and mapped for different sims and aircraft.I have had big problems trying to use it with FlyII.

G'day Ian,Do you have to use the CH software? Will it work just using the Fly! II mapping in options/keys an buttons?Cheers,Roger

G'day Roger,Yes, it works with the FlyII controller options so I shall probably stick with that although the CMCC does offer certain advantages.