Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

cold winter nights

G'day all, Now that winter is well and truly upon us here downunder I've revisited a project I started a couple of years ago. I've been a bit slack as of late :-) but the bug has bitten and I'm determined to finish it. Paul (aka Bart) Simpson did a great job on making a panel for the DHC-2 and sent all his work to me to mate up with an airframe I had made. The result I have posted for you to see. It's about 90% finished and should hopefully be completed in a few weeks tops. I'll see if I can get Laurent to do his magic and make the aircraft amphibious. As I understand it, all current aircraft for Fly! II will also work with Fly! Legacy.Cheers,Roger

Beauty, Roger! I would think you could adapt the Stearman Float version to work with the DHC-2. As I'm sure you have Seawind somewhere in your files, you can look at his .dll files and wheel file for her and see how we attempted to model it. The model itself has a "mostly" invisible set of gear (just when one goes thru clouds are they seen) that we thought were needed.Will be looking forward to it when you finish her up!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest chezz123

Sir,Thanks for this upcoming addition to FLY2 aircrafts.cheerschris_CA

G'day Chris,What's with the "Sir" title? I haven't been knighted.....Yet!!! :-lolSeriously, thanks for your support. I hope you will enjoy the Beaver.Cheers,Roger

G'day Ken,I've taken a quick look at what Laurent did to the Otter and it's quite complex. I can't claim to fully uderstand it but since my programming ability is zero then far better to let Laurent do it. The floatplanes already have an invisible nose gear. The two nose gears you can see are dummies and carry no weight. All forward weight is supported by the central invisible nosegear. TRI in their wisdom couldn't envisage any aircraft needing more than the conventional 3 gears. I don't like putting deadlines on completion of models but it shouln't be too long before finishing.Cheers,Roger

Guest chezz123

Sir,My folks taught me and my other siblings to address people who are senior than us as Sir/Madam as show of respect.cheers :)chris_CA

G'day Chris, You are a credit to your folks and there should be more like you, but now that we have established communication just treat me as a mate, or buddy - as Americans would say. On the forum we are ALL equal. Aussies are a very laid back, larconic, informal people. The Australian Tourism Board did an advertising campaign for television that ended showing a nice bikini clad young lady walking along the waters edge on a pristine beach saying " so where the bloody #### are you? ". It went over like a lead balloon in Europe and America, and needless to say tourism dropped off markedly. :-lol Ahh such is life: as the French would say "vive le difference"Cheers,Roger