Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Potential interest in Online logbooks?

Hi All,With this thread I would like to find out if there is any interest in logging flights online without being committed to one single Virtual Airliner.For some years I have been a member of two Virtual Airlines which both were closed. What I have found during my memberships is the fact you can

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Before I started TaxiwaySigns.com, I was going to create JANET Virtual Airlines (based on http://www.area51zone.com/janet.shtml), which is a Defense Department "airline". There's also rumors that the Defense Department uses the planes/pilots to shuttle people and "things" all over the world using commercial callsigns to maintain secrecy. Based on that premise, I wanted to create a virtual airline that allowed you to fly for your regular VA and at the same time log time for Janet Virtual Airlines (JVA). We were thinking of a non-letter character for VATSIM pilots to put in their callsign so they could identify each other.As a way to "rank" people, we were going to assign Air Force ranks based on hours. We also wanted to make a "challenge" system where you could earn bonus hours. So a 2 hour flight with one of your two engines going out might be worth 2 + 20 hours. A 2 hour flight with a deadstick landing (engines out > 20,000ft) might be worth 2 + 50 hours). Challenges might also include difficult landings (e.g., ugly cross wind, Aspen in low visibility, etc...). That way you could move up the list quickly while learning to be a better pilot. We were thinking replay reviews would be involved for challenge credit. Also, challenges accomplished would receive, in addition to the extra hours, ribbons for the pilot's board. The rank and board would be displayed graphically on the roster.So basically, the VA should have most pilots as part of it, whether they are part of a VA or not. Except for the necessity of logging your flights, there's no reason not to join. Anyways, I have 3 domain names related to this that are unused: JanetAir.com, JanetVirtualAir.com, JanetVirtualAirlines.com. You'd be welcome to "borrow" them if you're interested in developing it. Let me know...Thomas LinTaxiwaySigns.comVolunteers (testers and designers) needed, please visit the site for information

After waiting on responses on this message, I have noticed there were only 80 views and 6 responses on the thread during the weekend. So, there is too little potential for creating the online logbook. Thanks for responding on the threads and taking your interests!Regards, Ferry

>you might be interested in - http://www.ar-source.com - a VA >that lets you fly for any airline you like. I have been using this for several weeks now and after researching numerous VA's I believe this is by far the best thing out there. They have a great website and are very easy to deal with. However, there is plenty of room to grow with them.I'm surprised this service is mentioned more.JB

I share your opinion too JB.I never heard before of them, but is really great! (Now I hope this will not become a hype)I subscribed previous weekend at this site.Regards, Ferry