Sign in to follow this  

Multi monitor

Having been away from the FLY! series for a while, is there any way to display the gauges on secondary monitors, rather than on the main one? And, has anybody tried this with Parhelia triple head card. I'm getting somewhat weary of the MS products, but want to keep my cockpit setup....thanks for listening to my stupid questions...--jeff

G'day Jeff,>Having been away from the FLY! series for a while, is there>any way to display the gauges on secondary monitors, rather>than on the main one?>There may be two ways of doing this.There is a program Fly!lan which allows you to have two computers on a local area network and I believe you can then set their screens up to reflect your choice.The second way I'm not certain of but I have just purchased a new FX5900 video card and this has a capability of spliting the screen and displaying the two sections of screen on different display monitors. The advertising hype calls this "N view multi-display". And, has anybody tried this with>Parhelia triple head card. Sorry no I haven't.>I'm getting somewhat weary of the MS products, but want to>keep my cockpit setup....Now you've totally thrown me. I don't understand ????Just what exactly are you wanting to do?>thanks for listening to my stupid questions...No worriesCheers,Roger @YSSY

>Now you've totally thrown me. I don't understand ????>Just what exactly are you wanting to do?Here's the problem, my current sim setup has a pretty wide range of equipment, I've 5 monitors running, 2 on their own video cards and 3 attatched to a Matrox Parhelia card. The way it's setup now, is the 3 19' monitors on the parhelia run the "out the window" wiew (no instrument panel, in 3072*768), and the others are just for instruments. If I can get that to work in FLY!, I'd be a very happy guy.Having used FLY! in the past, I enjoyed it very much, but couldn't get the immersion factor I can with the current setup. I also believe that I couldn't assign switch imput via keystrokes. I have the center pedestal and quadrant from a beech 18, 6 levers (which would work in FLY!) but also about 30 switches and Circuit Breakers which I remember I couldn't get to work. Hopefully that may have changed. It's all a bit much admittedly, but it's a hobby. Whatever imput you can provide towards my moving to the FLY! platform for my simulator would be greatly appreicated. Thanks--jeff

G'day Jeff,Wow that's some setup. What you need is help from home cockpit builders. Have you tried posting in the " blue side up " forum here at Avsim? You might get a more knowledgable response there.The Fly!Lan program could help re multiple screens but wouln't help with your physical swithes/controls.What you need is some form of interface card (anologue-digital) to convert your pedestal controls and swithes into keystroke inputs to your computer. What are you like with a soldering iron?? :-)Sorry I can't be of more help but it's all way out of my depth.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Jeff!Amazing stuff! :-)Fly2LAN by Luis Balarin is still in beta, but I think it works well with many computers in a lan.Really don't know wether Fly! II works with Nview, I would be glad to know too. Did someone here try it?There are much more programmable keystrokes than in previous version. However, they are generic, and can't cover every cockpit switch from each plane. Remember Fly! panels are quite complete and realistic.Hope this helps!Pascal

G'day Pascal,>Really don't know whether Fly! II works with Nview, I would be>glad to know too. Did someone here try it?Nview works strictly on the microsoft windows protocol. It does however have several modes.SOME ( not all ) windows programs can have different windows displayed on the monitors.ie. With Photoshop you can have the image on one monitor and all the colours, brushes, layers, functions windows on the other. Unfortunately Fly! II is NOT a windows program so you can't do this in Fly! II. The only use I can see for Fly! II is to have your flight plan, sids, stars, etc displayed on one monitor ( using Photoshop )and have Fly! II displayed on the other. You can Alt + Tab from one application to the other. Both programs cannot be running simultaneously, but since all Photoshop is doing is displaying static images ( which stay displayed after Alt+ Tab to Fly! II ) .In Clone mode the second monitor is just a repeat of the primary monitor. This works with Fly! II.Win XP/Win 2000 allow a window to be split across the two monitors. Why one would want this feature I know not?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest roland_lfor

Good day All,I have a new computer now with a nVidia FX5600 and 2 screens.A great news is that we can now keep Visual C++ on the second screen viewing some breakpoints results while Fly! is running, and debug in live our DLL.I think the new nView system keep the 2 screens more "independant", avoiding Fly! switching off the second screen.Before, It would take 2 video cards or 2 computers (remote debug) to do that.Good news for developers !