Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Matrox Parhelia 512

What a major surprise ! Have you seen the specification of the new high end graphics card from Matrox ? If not, then read all about it using the link on the AVSIM title page.Unbelievable.............and I want one !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,do you know if the Elsa Gladiac nvidia G2 MX 400 is a good card? Will there be a difference on general to my now used TNT card?sincerelyTFT

TFT,It's difficult to say if the GeForce 2 MX400 card will improve framerates in FU3 compared to a TNT card. It should certainly improve performance in other games, but FU3 is so CPU intensive that it is generally a processor upgrade that will improve performance in this case.Maybe someone else can offer some help here ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

TFT and Chris,I upgraded from a TNT32 to a Geforce 2MX 32MB card last year (actually, I swapped it out when putting together another PC) and, whilst I didn't expect a major performance boost I got one!As mentioned in another post, I'm still using a Celeron 366 (o/c'd to 457MHz) and 256MB Ram and I get ~passable framerates in bad weather which I didn't get before. As you say Chris, FU3 is very uP-intensive and I know that a processor upgrade would help. By way of comparison, a mate has a P3 running @ 800MHz with a TNT32 card. He gets better framerates with a full screen (downtown, between buildings with sliders on 100%) but I get the same rates over general terrain @3Kft. At higher altitude with the sliders turned down to 30%, I get better rates.So there... If you want to trim the trees, do the uP upgrade first.Jon Point

The "surround gaming", or three displays at the same time is a very interesting feature of the new Matorx card. No more guessing when to turn to final...Too bad I can't afford three two more monitors and a $400 video card..

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi TFT,I have the very card but I can't tell if there would be a difference between TNT and it. Although the Gladiac isn't the best G2 out there, I'm satisfied with the performance and quality. Above all it's a very reliable card (don't know about overclocking though).:-wave