Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Flight Unlimited 2 on a Pentium 100

I thought that you all might like to see some screenshots of FU2 running on a Pentium 100 with 16Mb RAM and a 1Mb Diamond Stealth S3 graphics card :-) These are shots of various AI planes with software driven terrain graphics in the background. The screen resolution and framerates can be seen at top left, and everything was running at MAXIMUM detail.As you can see, it even managed a whopping 6 frames per second at one point :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Quaxo

Ah, the good old days... Thanks for bringing back those memories :) !By the way, I was running it on a Cyrix 150+ (120 MHz clock) overclocked to 133 MHz... I had a SIS video card, I don't remember the model but it had 1 Mb of ram... and I was getting 12 fps (but without all the details maxed!)Cristian

Those were the days!I ran FUII on a P100 without a graphics accelerator! I usually got 5-8 fps, though with a few settings lowered. I still load it every once in a while, and in my humble opinion, FUII had some of the best flight dynamics, at least in 'feel,' of any sim, better than FUIII.Actually, is there anywhere I can get a decent, still-working, old graphics accelerator with its original drivers? When I had my 'middle' computer worked on once (450 MHz K6-2, 16 MB Voodoo Banshee), the driver CD for the Banshee was apparently snatched. We asked the guy who worked on it to look for the CD, but he never coughed it up. I haven't seen it since. The drivers I downloaded from the 3Dfx site allowed it to run, but haze was not enabled. The visibility appeared to be a constant 30 miles or more, no matter what the visibility slider was set to, and I thought the haze effect was one of FUII's greatest things. The haze on the Banshee's original drivers was really good.Ray - N89864

I played FU2 on a P133, 16MB of RAM and a 2meg ATI card in software mode. I was pulling about 10 FPS, 5 near airports. When I upgraded to 64MB of RAM and a Voodoo1 I got about 20 FPS when flying, but still only 6 FPS near airprots. Things kind of changed when I got a Voodoo3 and a K6-2 400...but then FU3 was released and I was back to 5 FPS again :-lol

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP