Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

Chat next Sat... 2/15... time?

OK... we need some discussion on when you folks want to start. Traditionally we have gone at 16:00 EST... but there has been some complaints about that time. Input... I need Input!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tom,I would be prepared to "log on" as early as 13:00 EST, if anyone is interested.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Tom, I don't know the EST times conversion, but here is my "input" in local Italian time...I still don't know exactly what I will do on Saturday 15, but basically I can have two free "time slots": one, in the afternoon, say 17:00 - 20:00; another, after dinner, say 22:00 up to late night... All local times! :)Cristian

Cristian,In "our" time zone 16:00 EST translates to 22:00, conveniently right after you have finished your dinner ;-)15:00 or 14:00 EST would suit me best.// Daniel

Daniel,If you would like to chat from 14:00 EST (19:00 UT), then I will be there.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Cristian,I hope that you can make it to next Saturday's chat. Your time of 22:00 (Italian Time) would be 21:00 UT (I think), so I would probably still be around for another two hours after that !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Forgive a stupid question but since I've not done one of these before...How and where does this chat take place? Does Avsim have an IRC channel that I don't know about?As for availability, I don't think I've got any plans for next Sat so any time really as long as it's not 4am GMT :-)Rich.

I'll try and pop in for a while early on Sun morning (my time - UTC +9 ;-)).phil

Tom, I would prefer not to start at any time sooner than the usual 16:00 EST (in fact I'd prefer it to be later).If most people want it sooner, though, I'll see what I can do.See you there, best regards.

Stearman,I was not suggesting that we start earlier and finish earlier. I was suggesting that we start earlier, and then just let it run as long as everyone likes. We might get a few more people to join in if they could connect at a reasonable time.Not all of us particularly like to stay up until the early hours of the morning :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Daniel,We will be happy to welcome you whenever you can make it. :)

Hi together,I just read the above and second the suggestion of Chris and Daniel. So I also try to look in at 14:00 EST (20:00 german/italian time).Hopefully I can make it!Meet you there Chris and Daniel.... :-)Ansgar A.

Thanks Ansgar. I was hoping that an earlier start time would encourage yourself (and hopefully other Europeans) to help get the FU3 chats back on course. With all of these new recruits that have joined the forum lately, I have my fingers crossed that this Saturday's chat will be the best one that we have experienced in some time.I look forward to "talking" with you on Saturday :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Durn!Just when I thought 'it's about time I joined one of these chats, I worked out the time here - 5AM Sunday...OK, it's not that bad except I'm playing in the band Saturday night and won't get home until ~3AM Sunday. Even if I could stay awake for the next 2 hours I don't think you really need an inebriated, deaf muso who's been awake for 21 hours ;)Of course, if I could plug the bass into the PC, well...Looks like I'll have to leave to you 'yesterday' dateliners :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi again, Tom. I'm afraid I won't be in tonight's chat. A family dinner I didn't remember will prevent me from it.I hope I'm not missed my last chance, I know you weren't very enthusiastic about these chats anymore.Best regards,