Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

UK scenery?

OK I want to try out the UK scenery that everyone is talking about. I realize it's over 8 CDs currently. Does that mean I have to copy all 8 CDs to the harddrive, or can I keep some of it on the CDs and insert the CD only when needed like with the SFO and SEA regions?Who do I talk to to get the CDs? I assume I can't download it anywhere because of the size of the files....?How complete is the scenery? Can I just hop into my Baron and start from any airport, or will I have to build the airport first? :-lol Are lakes properly marked as lakes or will I not be able to land the Renegade on lakes? Are ATC services available?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest glidernut

JimmiG Wat cuntry do you liv in?

Guest Quaxo

Hi Jimmi,That's a lot of questions you asked! :-) Here we go:1) You'll have to install everything on HD. It'll take about 5.5Gb of HD space.2) Email me if you want the details on how to get the discs. And no, you can't download them! :-)3) You won't have to build airports. There are some developed airports (Heathrow is completed, Gatwick is in "beta" stage, London City has some buildings); and there are many "defined" airports - I mean, you see them in the map, you can start a flight from there, but there are no 3D models yet.4) Some lakes are modeled, and some are not - yet. It's a lenghty process, as it has to be done by hand, but I'm doing it. Currently, the River Thames is modeled, along with some other rivers; all the Isle of Wight, some of the South Coast, and a lot of other places are modeled, too - see screenshot. If there's a lake you would like to be modeled though, just ask, and I'll do it at once.5) ATC is currently unavailable, but people are working on it...Cristian

OK....sorry for the newbie question! But, how do I contact someone, and who, to get the european scenery? Thanks for your help.PGA member...RIP 1042

Guest Quaxo

Just email me and I'll tell you all the details... :-)My address: macavity80 (at) softhome.netCristian

John,Be careful with that spelling of yours ! :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Cristian,Thanks for the excellent contribution to FU3. Your scenery is IMPRESSIVE to say the least. I'm shocked that what I envisioned years ago was actually realized by a talented individual - YOU!I would love to contribute with a NYC scenery, but I would not know where to begin. The important thing is that, IT CAN BE DONE. This means that our sim can live for long time. Developers can do sceneries and I'll be more than happy to purchase them. WOW. WOW. I'll have posts soon. For now I'll marvel at the opportunity to fly in this silky smooth scenery.Jose OteroCFI, CFII