Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Big Red Cockpit

Just a note to let you know I am back to work on the Big Red cockpit for the new Baron. These two pictures are the begining photo I had to start with and what I turned it into for FU3.

Guest CaptRolo

Steve ; Your amazing!! looks great! CaptRolo

Guest Ansgar

Hello Steve!!Yep, I expected that this would be a real cracker for my new Baron-model! It looks really promising.Because Hans seems to have good original photos of that bird (also from the inner cabin?!) I can

Yes that's good news! As Ansgar stated, we have the luxury of being in contact with a very helpful owner of a real Baron, mr Ed Weber. He has sent me additional images every time I asked about another detail. Thus, since we have a "live source" for this aircraft it's more rewarding to work on it. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished cockpit Steve :-)Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Steve,That's greeeeaaaat maaaaaaate :-hahThis one's 'gunna be another winner' I reckon! If only we had all known what was really possible before. Then I suppose we needed the limitations then - I all but stopped using FU3 early on when I couldn't get passable framerates - I'd hate to think what these new aircraft (and AI) would do to a 366MHz Celeron with 64M and an 8M video card ;)But please, please - overlap the 3D rectangles ONE pixel below the blue ones! Us Nvidia cheapskates really need it!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Stearman

>Just a note to let you know I am back to work on the Big Red >cockpit for the new Baron. These two pictures are the >begining photo I had to start with and what I turned it into >for FU3. Hi Steve, your words are music to my ears.Once again Ansgar has surprised us with a wonderful model none of us believed it could be even possible in FU3, and its only lack was a proper panel.I was about trying to figure a way to attach your old Baron panel to it (or maybe Tom Wunder's one), but now I know you have something much better in the works. Can't wait to see it finished!!You guys are amazing, thanks for the wonderful work you're doing for us (the dwindling FU3 community), and best regards.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Steve,thanks again for your nice words to our great community here around!I know you would like the new baron. :-)Sure I also could build a cockpit, but I would like to hold our community together and active! So we sure should let this work to the man/people in our community who could do it in the best way, (his first name is Steve .... ;-) )!I also didn

Guest R_Driscoll

I love the 3D feel of the new cockpit pictures. Can the new cockpit be matched to Ansgar's F4 view? I am using the GB for fun flights and Ansgar's Baron for scenery development - where I need to do lots of stall banks to get good views.Thanks to all of you plane developers - I have over a hundred choices ofplane and just don't know which one to choose! Great work guys.RobD.