Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

UK-updates.

Hello there.Southampton and Plymouth is now available in the library.New and updated airports with new scenery and airspace/AIplan.txt.The beacons(ILS updates) will be available at Bogdan's web.sites soon.I hope there will be no big problems installing and running this newaddon.Thanks to the hard working people who made this scenery and models.Special thanks to Roland who helped me with testing and adjustments.Take care.Lars Peter.

Hi!.Good to see that it runs well.I agree that the models for the UK-region is very good.That includes also the new models made for this region.Lookind at the map there is a lot of airports to build here.So I hope many will be busy with the "Fled-program" in the future.It is an Interesting parkingspot you got there with the "Fokker".And what did the man in the tower say to you??:-lolLars Peter. :-wave

Thanks for the new airports! I posted a few screenshots in the "no radar on Sunday" thread. Everything seems to work as intended.Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm a bit slow in adding my congratulations, but anyway, well done Lars! I have installed them both and flown around them a few times, exploring the south area and the east a bit more. They look excellent, but better, they both feel right - a good blend of hangars, offices, taxiways etc, and a lot more planes sitting around, well-placed trees, some very nice touches.I was slow in replying because I had some problems with installing - FU3 would start loading the AI planes, get to about 30 or 40%, then freeze. So I think something is wrong in the AI somewhere. But I found that by hitting ESC when it froze, it would continue to load, as if there was an invisible dialogue box.So now I can happily fly between airports. Thanks again for these two valuable additions! I think UK-South has just got to the comfortable stage where its comparable with Seattle. I mean that its a complete working area, with proper airports, ATC, great scenery, and extensive.

Hi!Thank's for the nice words.I also hope many others have the opportunity to use this new exellent terrain, and do more addons to it.Rob.The freezing of your computer when loading the AI-planes is a indeed a hidden box.This is a typical failure that happends when two airports are using the same freq.(atis,tower or ground).Maybe you have outer terr.installed with towercontrolled airports??This might clash with one of those, but I am not sure.I did not have the outer terr. installed when making this two airports.You can open up the airports using fled and open the box that showsall the freq.added.If there is any conflicts with other airports in the same area or inouter terr.-fled will let you know when closing the box and leaving fled.I have also written a new airspace.txt.again which is more stable and gives you more and wider range of flight-following from the ATC.The ATC will also be very stable for IFR flights to all airports.You will not need to change anything to the earlier approach areas of "City","Heathrow" and "Stansted"If you want it I can send it over to you for a test.Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, I'll check frequencies - I had modified the Stansted one because of the three digit problem and may have accidentally chosen one that you have used.I can test your airspace.txt if you like! RobD.

Add the line:debugthan you'll see the dialogue box.But this line makes FU3 more slowly.B.Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hello Lars,sorry for the late answer, but also from my side a nice "Thank you for that nice airport additions Lars!".Actually (and also the next 3..4 weeks) I

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Bogdan! I will try that.

Guest glidernut

Had a bit of troubl hearing what the man in the controle touwer was shouting,so I parked up to ask him in person !

Guest glidernut

Thank you Lars Peter.No problems installing or running your airports at all.I can fined no errers mistakes or oversights.Thay are working just fine.thay look right and feel right. Thay are neet and tidy and are good places to be. All in all, I like your Southampton and Plymouth a lot.Them Captin Bazzas cone shaped trees look beter in the UK-Souththan thy did in Seatlle.But then a lot of models seem to look beter in the UK-South, thy seem to blend in more.Thy dont stand out like a sor thum like thy did in Seatlle or Sanfran.Thanks Lars, the UK-South is filing up nicley now. glidernut.:-wave