Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

Problem with IOW and AIPLAN

I installed the IOW package, but am having some problems... All works well if I don't change the AIPLAN.TXT and EXT_PORT.txt files; the airports are there, I can fly there, everything looks good - even if I have low frame rates (I get 10-13 at the new airports, while I get 18-25 at Heathrow, and >50 over "clean" terrain).But if I add the new lines to the AI files, I get a crash during the AI loading. I noticed that the new lines, for AIPLAN, add points from X30 to X34; but on my AIPLAN, the last point is X24. So, I miss the points from X25 to X29. Maybe this is causing the crash? Who added those points, and when? In which package? Where can I get the updated files?Thanks,Cristian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Cristian,I think the frame rate hit is just the models that Andre chose to use.Most of them hav a high poligon count.Beter models = biger frame rate hit. I left out the AIPLAN.TXT and EXT_PORT.txt files of my IOW packag as well, for the same reasen, it crashed FU3.But I thort it was me not undersanding how to add the right lines to my AIPLAN.TXT and EXT_PORT.txt, when my TXT fileswas not up to date in the first place.If sumone is up to date with thees tow txt fils, could youplease post them hear ?So we can all be up to date.glidernut.:-wave

Summary: - duplicated 119.2 frequency. - Bogdan to look after AI files on his website.I don't know about the missing points, but one part of the current problem during AI installation is Southampton. If I delete this package, I get faultless AI, but if I include this package, the system locks up and I then use the ESC key to continue.Southampton uses the Tower frequency 119.20, which is the frequency I often get transferred to after takeoff. The same frequency is used for two purposes. I am not sure if this is causing the lockup or not, but I find I can't talk to Southampton Tower.I have IOW installed as per instructions (i.e. with AIPLAN etc), but the only problem I have is with Southampton. This package is too beautiful to delete, so I just put up with the problem, but I will try changing its frequency tonight to see of that solves the lockup.I have suggested (and Bogdan agreed) that one person should be the Keeper of the AIplan etc files, so that multiple developers don't overwrite each others changes, and that changes to these files from now on should go through Bogdan only. If this is OK with people, don't put AI files in packages, but send them to Bogdan! Hope this helps.RobD.

"119.2"That's the Sea approach freq. Is there a way to change it for the Hi-res Great Britain?Take care,Jim B.

Hi Quaxo and GlidernutI have all available airports and add on for UK-South and no problems at all.Southampton is working fine also :-). I still use a mixed installation with the Region folder Sanfran, Seattle and UK-South all others moved to an other place.There are still strange interaction between the region as for example the color of the models in UK-South. The wind-flag is blue if I run directly UK-South but red if I first load the Sanfran region and immediately, without run, load UK-South region!?!Here is my full AIPLAN and EXT_PORT :-wave agtim

Agtim.I use the same install config. as you and experience the same of both colorchanges for the regions and the ATC is working OK.The colorchanges appears for some models.Some of the cars and the wind sock is changing colors, but this isno problem.I did remove the "London" names from my installed Gatwick and Heathrowto have a complete list for the UK-region ATC.This was also no problem with changing to SEA.or SF. flights.The main problem with the ATC is that the sound groups is not big enough to swallow all of the new airports.(new names/frequenses).What is working good for FU3 with outer terr. installed, is not nessesary working on another without this./or with other packages installed.Take care.Lars Peter.:-)